Just a little dangerous.... imo

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #31  
Never mind it's lifting capacity with any weight on those tiny narrow front castor wheels would leave trenches in all but the driest terrain, great way to spoil a good lawn, might work well with snow chains plowing snow?

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Just a little dangerous.... imo #33  
Well, interesting. Not for me, but may work for the OP. But it must work for some, because apparently others have made ZT with a loader.

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #34  
Lots of mulch in the background. If it'll scoop up some mulch and haul it to where he wants, its a big win. Don't see anything dangerous about it.

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #37  
Probably works great & much faster than a shovel w/ wheelbarrow for lightweight topsoil / mulch / bark. It's obviously not intended to dig at all and my guess is that its capacity is 2-300# max (looks like about a 2 cu ft unheaped volume to me). My guess is that the idea is that it's quicker to deliver the light goods with less likelihood of dumping the barrow on the way, and then it spreads it very quickly.

As far as the tipping issue - ballast. The majority of the weight of the ZT is behind the pivot point; the operator is even slightly behind the pivot point. My guess is that if you put 500# in there it would be getting light, but you'd probably break it before it tipped forward.

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #38  
Why is everyone a critic? This person actually got off their rear end and built something. Let them learn the shortcomings themselves. I think anyone who builds their own… should be commended!

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #39  
Why is everyone a critic? This person actually got off their rear end and built something. Let them learn the shortcomings themselves. I think anyone who builds their own… should be commended!

Why should a failure be commended? If the goal was to ruin a lawnmower and build a useless loader he succeeded. Otherwise it’s a fail. It’s a pretty safe bet he actually planned on doing work with this vs moving feathers and possibly mulch. Just look how many newbies come here expecting to do the work of a D8 with their subcompact tractor.

/ Just a little dangerous.... imo #40  
If you had 5 mowers in a row I guarantee that one would get the most attention......😭🤪