Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,072  
Made from 1958-62 I think I put in first post.

Yep years made.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,073  
That is is one hunk of metal. Like the gas and oil tank style.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,074  
I love the sound of those old homies.

#1,075  
From a working on stand point I do not care for the old homies myself. One of the many reasons I bought and sold this 115cc homie same day recently.

Guy i know in my chainsaw repair group wanted it and likes the older stuff.

h2000.jpg
h2000000.jpg

#1,076  
Bought new in 1990 by still same owner. Only been serviced twice and both by me since new. He guesses only 50-100 hrs light homeowner use.

Updated from that single pawl and spring bs to double pawls and spring this time. Also added the stihl 460 rescue handle to it to make easier on him to get started.
Same thing I did for my dad as he got older on the D handle. Bought him a few more years of starting his own saw.

s034s.jpg
s034ss.jpg
s034ssss.jpg
s034sss.jpg
s034sssss.jpg
s034ssssss.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,077  
I have one identical. Very nice saw.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,078  
Back when it was made that old Homelite was state of the art.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,079  
I had a little green Poulan like that one. It had a built in chain sharpener. kind of a little screamer.. No chain brake so I let it go..
Do those chain sharpeners actually work? I had a saw maybe 40 years ago with one and it didn't do squat...never really made it very sharp, and it "sharpened" lopsided so the saw cut on an arc. Think it needed a special chain too. Yanked that assembly right off and got a normal chain.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,080  
Do those chain sharpeners actually work? I had a saw maybe 40 years ago with one and it didn't do squat...never really made it very sharp, and it "sharpened" lopsided so the saw cut on an arc. Think it needed a special chain too. Yanked that assembly right off and got a normal chain.
I realy couldn't tell other than some sparks when you pushed the sharpen knob. The whole thing was a joke in my experience. The saw was surprising.