Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,131  
I bought a 490 this spring to use brushing out property lines. So far it seems like a pretty good saw and I may even use it for limbing this fall.
Those are the budget saw in that size. Real weak performace wise in stock porting. But they are built good.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,132  
I have an Echo CS490- use a 20" bar for felling, but need to put the 18" bar on for bucking as it overheats cutting big (greater than 30") Ash.
I have had it for 4 years now and it always starts and runs well. Had my local guy tweak the fuel so it runs richer and smoother. Plastic clutch cover is only weak link, but it's cheap if you do break it.
Use mine a lot with all the dead ash around.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,133  
I have an Echo CS490- use a 20" bar for felling, but need to put the 18" bar on for bucking as it overheats cutting big (greater than 30") Ash.
I have had it for 4 years now and it always starts and runs well. Had my local guy tweak the fuel so it runs richer and smoother. Plastic clutch cover is only weak link, but it's cheap if you do break it.
Use mine a lot with all the dead ash around.
I have a 590 that I use for heavier work. The trees on my property aren't that big so between the two saws they are all that I need. I also bought their largest brush saw. I would like to run Huskies but they cost about 40-50% more and I can't justify the expense for what little saw work I do.

#1,134  
There's a brand new 490 close in box for 190. But I wont even look being I know I can get a 4910 300ish.

Super nice and light too. All of them in that size.

e4910weight.jpg

#1,135  
Checking out the 4910 and some others yesterday at the local makita echo efco dealer.

Picked up some maddog files being my saveedge no longer doing chainsaw files since cv19. They cant get blanks in to cut local.

m7900.jpg
e4910rim.jpg
e4910aff.jpg
e4910afff.jpg
maddogg.jpg

#1,136  
Pulling crank case halves for folks. For 3 saws. The mess at the end.

2 fly side for 3750 x 2 and 1 pto side for a 3000. Not all in pics.

p3450mess.jpg
p3450cccc.jpg
p3450ccc.jpg
p3450cc.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,137  
You can almost see the saw through all that dirt. :)

#1,138  
You can almost see the saw through all that dirt. :)
Yep and that is just the dead ones bought for parts. You should see some that come in as runners being used. :ROFLMAO:

Shame folks dont take care of their tools they work with. They want to pay the hourly wage for me to clean to be able to work on that. I'm ok with it but dont like it.

Just 1 of many that come in like that.

s036xxx.jpg
s036xx.jpg
s036xxxx.jpg
s036x.jpg

#1,139  
I may of finally got my first true parts saw out of all of these I been getting.

Little chrome bore poulan in 54cc that will cut with or out cut the more expensive brands. For 1/4 of the money. They are built alot like the stihl 034.

This one come to me from MI when guy grove done to by the woods ported 3120 and bunch of bars and chains.

He stated it came with a bunch of saws he got and has been setting for 2 years. So it was past onto me.

Scuffing had started on piston and cylinder which is no biggie for me. Found the cheap line for impulse had slipped off.

Lot of wrong fasteners and where muffler leaked with different bolts too.

The pro side had JB on it and appears almost like it had cut [alms at one time.

So thats where I stopped for now.

c33f.jpg
c33ff.jpg
c33ffffffff.jpg
c33ffffff.jpg
c33fffffffffff.jpg
c33ffffffffff.jpg

#1,140  
While grilling yesterday I disappeared into barn to see what was under the JB.

Curiosity how bad it was killing me to know.

Digging JB out I found 2 pin holes but none into the crankcase. Parts she is.

Someones only saw yes it could be used. But not really needed here in that shape. Cutting palms does this in the south. How it happen here no clue. Came from a guy in MI.

c33cor.jpg
c33corr.jpg