Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,281  
Ok guys in an inherited parts box I found a Stihl 25", .405" pitch .050 gauge unused chain. My 044 has a 3/8" x.063" 20" bar and sprocket so the 25" chain is of no use to me. Pay the shipping and you can have it. Let me know.

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,282  
When you put your saw down, make sure it can't be damaged, is the lesson there.

Just realized you were talking about that guys echo. 🍻 (y)

Turned out fine.

Topend still like new.

p3300dad94.jpg

Last edited:
#1,283  
Little blind ported echo 490 I took on trade after going through and fixing. Doing what I wanted it for light saw for limbing etc.

Still running the picco 3/8LP 7T on it. Stihl 63PS chain on poulan bar mount is perfect. Comes with 325 18" but I tested 3/8 325 3/8LP picco for fun.

e490limbing.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,284  
Thanks. I will try loosening the oil cap.

Those look abused. Mine is in good shape and works well.... just leaks when stored.
Not just an O ring issue? On my Stihls sometimes I get a pice of gunk under the O ring and it does that (leaks in any position except caps up). Or the O ring has just lost its shape and needs to be replaced.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,285  
When you put your saw down, make sure it can't be damaged, is the lesson there.
I try to always set my saws down next to a tree or stump. So far I have never run over one.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,286  
Not just an O ring issue? On my Stihls sometimes I get a pice of gunk under the O ring and it does that (leaks in any position except caps up). Or the O ring has just lost its shape and needs to be replaced.
It doesn’t leak out the fill port/cap. It leaks out the oiling hole that goes to the chain.

xyz123, it seems to be working leaving the cap loose.

#1,287  
Bench 1 taken over by a stock appearing kart motor. Trying out the new tool.

Ole thumbs cant just push down the stronger springs to put keepers in like you can on weak stock springs.

kartheadtool.jpg
kartgaskets.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,288  
Cool. Did u make that clamp/press or is it a boughten thing?

#1,289  
Orion Motor Tech 26 shipped. Good enough for me.
The billet one was like 130.

Cool. Did u make that clamp/press or is it a boughten thing?

81rjq5XqSnL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

#1,290  
Just showing aftermarket 272 redneck cut. Just for use. So other guys having issues getting a working cover if they are worried about such.
The red I used is wrong but it was on hand.
Tried to buy 2 correct shades at 2 different places and they were out. For me it didn’t matter if it had been any color.
Was just showing for those that care and wanting a cover for those Jonsered.

You could leave it whole without cutting and leave orange for use. Just know some jred folks let that bother them.

j670272afm.jpg