Just Used One of These Welders

/ Just Used One of These Welders #31  
Compared to the size of the ground clamp, the welder looks tiny. Maybe the size of a car battery but taller.

Yes. Full sized high quality clamp and a lunchbox sized welder.

Here is a pic of 7018 at 165 amps. 1/4" wall pipe to 1 3/16" plate

IMG_2815.jpg

/ Just Used One of These Welders #32  
3/4" gussets

IMG_2884.jpg

/ Just Used One of These Welders #33  
We played with one of these like 5 years ago at Fab-Tech. Fronius was right across from us. If I remember correctly the poor new kid working for them ran close to 5# of 3/32 7014 on a charge. Poor kid had to weld non stop for 3 days. I think he quit after that. Fronius also sold a few of these private label to DeWalt. Short lived i believed. Well "You can't take it with you" until you get one of these.

/ Just Used One of These Welders #34  
Nice for power plant work. Would be good for farm work as well.
That would be incredible on board my truck for repairs. We run pretty far from home.

/ Just Used One of These Welders #35  
I can remember MacGyver using a car battery, jumper cables and a couple of quarters to weld. Things have come a long way. :)

/ Just Used One of These Welders #37  
I have used a Ready Welder 24 volt (2 car batteries) spoolgun MIG or Flux core welding set-up over the last 15 years. Welded aluminum mostly. Not as fancy as the Fronius but when you can't get power out in the field it does the job.

/ Just Used One of These Welders #38  
We have shifted to Fronius from Lincoln and ESAB at work. High volume manufacturing. I have personally integrated 12, 500 amp Fronius power supplies into equipment. 8 are burning 0.52" and 4 burning 0.45" wire. Controlling them over Ethernet via a PLC. 500 amp multi-process power supplies, think they weighed 78 lbs. Inverter.

CT