Just Wishing...

/ Just Wishing... #1  

Doofy

Tractor
LS XR 3135HC
We have been sitting here all day listening to C-17s circling overhead (Arctic War Games or some other Cold Weather Training, we assume). There were three of them, all burning about 20,000 #s of fuel per hour or around 3,000 gallons each per hour.

We just paid $4.05 per gallon for #1 Heating Oil so...imagine what I could do with an hour's worth of that fuel that those C-17s were burning and the money I could save? Besides that, that hours worth of fuel would heat my house and garage for about 6 years!

/ Just Wishing... #2  
We have been sitting here all day listening to C-17s circling overhead (Arctic War Games or some other Cold Weather Training, we assume). There were three of them, all burning about 20,000 #s of fuel per hour or around 3,000 gallons each per hour.

We just paid $4.05 per gallon for #1 Heating Oil so...imagine what I could do with an hour's worth of that fuel that those C-17s were burning and the money I could save? Besides that, that hours worth of fuel would heat my house and garage for about 6 years!
They always say, and I agree "Freedom isn't free".

/ Just Wishing... #3  
We've had fighter bombers from the air force base East of us flying over us regularly for 3 weeks now. Up until then it was pretty infrequent.

/ Just Wishing... #4  
We've had fighter bombers from the air force base East of us flying over us regularly for 3 weeks now. Up until then it was pretty infrequent.
Practicing for the near future? Just wondering. Jon

/ Just Wishing... #7  
took us 8 hours to refuel one time in Canada. Only a couple hundred thousand pounds or so of fuel.

would be a life time for an average person's car and home heating fuel I'm sure.

/ Just Wishing...
I am amazed and in awe of all the military aircraft flying over the house. Wife uses Flightradar24 and keeps an eye on all the air traffic.

/ Just Wishing... #9  
I am amazed and in awe of all the military aircraft flying over the house. Wife uses Flightradar24 and keeps an eye on all the air traffic.
Thanks for the Flightradar24 info. When we flew home from Londao years ago, we could see the mitten of Michigan. So once in a while I see a jet way up and wonder if that one heading overseas. Now I can find out. Jon.

/ Just Wishing...
Thanks for the Flightradar24 info. When we flew home from Londao years ago, we could see the mitten of Michigan. So once in a while I see a jet way up and wonder if that one heading overseas. Now I can find out. Jon.
You are welcome. It is sure interesting what's going on overhead and where they are heading.