Kiester cooler.

/ Kiester cooler. #11  
This works well for racing cyclists because they're moving at 25 mph on the flat so there is plenty of air flow to evaporate the water, and they're wearing light weight form fitting clothes made from material that wicks water.

I don't think it's going to work as well sitting on a stationary machine and wearing regular outdoor work clothes.

The air flow seat pad is what I'd suggest.
Yeah, I thought of that after I sent it. It could end up being more problematic where you end up sitting in a pool of melted water ...

I guess the other solution could be to get dressed up in cycling clothes before getting on the tractor, so the material wicks the water away better.

/ Kiester cooler.
Yeah, I thought of that after I sent it. It could end up being more problematic where you end up sitting in a pool of melted water ...

I guess the other solution could be to get dressed up in cycling clothes before getting on the tractor, so the material wicks the water away better.
🤣my name would be known all over the country side if I wore spandex while digging!

/ Kiester cooler. #13  
Really thin synthetic sun shirts do an excellent job of keeping you cool when they are dampened. They also have those cooling towels that you wet and they keep you cool.

/ Kiester cooler.
Really thin synthetic sun shirts do an excellent job of keeping you cool when they are dampened. They also have those cooling towels that you wet and they keep you cool.
I've tried those and they kinda work here. It's just so humid most of the summer evaporative cooling doesn't work very well.

/ Kiester cooler. #16  
I sweat quite a bit in all the areas that contact a seat and I use the 12v vented seat cushion like that but one that does the whole back too and its literally the best thing ever. Even with the A/C kicking or in the winter plowing snow its so good. I wont ever be without one.

/ Kiester cooler. #17  
Is this an open platform excavator ? Sounds like it from the discussion. FOR SURE get a canopy of some kind if there is none on it. Many reasons to do so including comfort but also skin cancer and other health issues.
==============
Say there fixastuff, late last year and early this year I was probing all over several state Highway Depts, Communications Directors, etc. trying to find out what on earth caused the explosion of road-side cable burial along nearly every main highway in several eastern states (VA, WV, PA, MD, Ohio, etc. probably others.) I have traveled these main arteries once a month (MD-VA-WV) for more than 20 years and never seen such a huge population of cable burying machines and reels of orange/blue/green plastic that I thought was cable.. What broke loose? What is all this ? Did the govt just throw trillions at some big project with no known name ?

By endless emails and phone calls (and stopping along the road to touch and feel) I find that MOST of it is burial of vinyl hollow conduit -- not cable. Some big-plan-people in high places think this will enable massive improvement in internet service to the underprivileged people in rural areas. Others say that the real powers in communication will ignore the investment because they want to install their own cable and conduit and charge big bucks for people using them.

So, what exactly are you burying? Cable or really conduit? Who is paying the bill ?

/ Kiester cooler.
Is this an open platform excavator ? Sounds like it from the discussion. FOR SURE get a canopy of some kind if there is none on it. Many reasons to do so including comfort but also skin cancer and other health issues.
==============
Say there fixastuff, late last year and early this year I was probing all over several state Highway Depts, Communications Directors, etc. trying to find out what on earth caused the explosion of road-side cable burial along nearly every main highway in several eastern states (VA, WV, PA, MD, Ohio, etc. probably others.) I have traveled these main arteries once a month (MD-VA-WV) for more than 20 years and never seen such a huge population of cable burying machines and reels of orange/blue/green plastic that I thought was cable.. What broke loose? What is all this ? Did the govt just throw trillions at some big project with no known name ?

By endless emails and phone calls (and stopping along the road to touch and feel) I find that MOST of it is burial of vinyl hollow conduit -- not cable. Some big-plan-people in high places think this will enable massive improvement in internet service to the underprivileged people in rural areas. Others say that the real powers in communication will ignore the investment because they want to install their own cable and conduit and charge big bucks for people using them.

So, what exactly are you burying? Cable or really conduit? Who is paying the bill ?
My excavator has a canopy with rops and fops. The ditchwith rt45 just has a rops bar but I rigged up a patio unbrella for shade. My post isn't about keeping me cool but about keeping by butt from getting so sweaty. I wear long sleeves, pants and the biggest sombrero you've ever seen. Lol.

Relax! There is no conspiracy! I'm putting in 2" conduit with pull tape inside, installing underground vaults to break up the long runs and 12"x12" square peds where there are houses. After the conduit is buried I then use the pull tape and an excavator track lifted in the air to pull the fiber through. This section is being paid for by the RDOF project but I do the same thing in other areas paid by the cable company.

The conduit and fiber install is getting paid for by federal grant $ but the customers pay the local cable company just like city folks.

It's funny people come out all worked up "why you tearing my yard up!"

"Your getting internet sir"

"OH awesome can I get you a tea or water!"

I talk to alot of different people doing this and don't know of any project of just laying the empty conduit without pulling in coax or fiber afterwards.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Kiester cooler.
@JWR The next time you're curious about a project look up the 811 ticket online and call the company doing it. In va you can look them up by street or GPS proximity to your phone.

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / Kiester cooler. #20  
Great info fixastuff. I did not think I was implying conspiracy, just a greedy business world which is not abnormal. That the govt might be unaware of what is likely to happen is also normal. The conduit I have seen going in (along US48 4 lane in eastern WV for example) was not 2" in diam. , it was smaller. Dura-Line 1 1/4 inch. It was hollow and the Hwy Engrs office in Elkins WV told me it was just conduit being installed for future use to get high bandwidth internet service into otherwise unserved areas. Whatever it is I have never seen so many ditch witches and burial tools.

Not to drag this butt cooling thread too far astray but you are the only knowledgeable person found to date... What is the meaning of the color coding orange/green/blue/grey , etc. ? I certainly realize there may be MANY unrelated burial operations going on but what grabbed my attention in the first place was this massive amount / most in history that seemed to be happening starting last year.
20211221_144817.jpg