Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #21  
Re: backhoes or not. We've kicked it around on TBN for years and it always comes out the same.

If you are a homeowner or have small property that you like to work on, a backhoe attachment is a luxury. Financially they don't pay for themselves and rental makes far more dollars and cents sense.

But if your time is more important to you than the money, or you just enjoy doing work at your own pace and at your own convenience then a backhoe attachment is probably worth more than money in the bank.

A couple of other things we all seem to agree on is that the older the person is, the more likely they are to want to have a backhoe available. And their backhoes get used as a crane at least as much as they use it for digging.

Everyone who has a thumb on their backhoe thinks it's worthwhile.

A small backhoe with a thumb may be slower & less powerful than a larger one, but it is way better as a gardening and landscaping tool.

Small excavators are better in every way, but a backhoe attachment is still useful. It sure will throw a tractor around though.

Oh, and lastly.....Do NOT buy a 3PT backhoe. The backhoe absolutely must mount to a special subframe rigidly attached to the tractor. Some accessory backhoes have their own PTO-driven pump and hydraulic reservoir. That's fine, in fact it's better.

BTW, I ignored ALL the above and used a too small 3pt backhoe for decades on all our tractors from 16 to 65 hp.
So I'm not blowing smoke here, I have experience is all the downsides. Now we have two real hoes - one with a thumb.

rScotty

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #22  
Hi all,

I am currently cross shopping all of these with a loader and backhoe, and I am somewhat at a loss of which direction to go.

Kioti - 23K for tractor Loader plus roughly 9K for backhoe - 32K total. Currently in Stock locally. Seems to be the most capable front end loader.

Mahindra - 29K for Tractor/loader/backhoe plus a free box blade and pallet forks with their current incentives. Seems to be the least reviewed of the three, but definitely the most affordable. Currently not in stock locally, but they are on order.

Kubota - 23K for tractor, plus roughly 10K for the backhoe. 33K total. Most expensive, lowest front end loader specs, possibly the best resale? Currently in stock locally

All three seem very comparable, all three are right near the top of my price range. Currently leaning towards the Kioti, for the front end loader capacity; but looking for any opinions.

Thank You
I have a L2501 and am selling for a larger tractor. I have liked it but like you say lowest loader capacity. Very reliable tractor and great for bush hogging and land maintenance in general

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #23  
I own a Mahindra 26Max with backhoe. I bought it because the price was decent and no tax in Oregon. One feature I liked was the swivel seat for the backhoe instead of a full second seat extending the whole BH unit way out behind you. Hook up is easy. A couple of negatives: The quality of the swivel seat is lousy, part of the framework is aluminum. Another is the throttle, it's on an arm off the column, nothing down by your foot. The rubber top of the reverse pedal deteriorated after 25 hrs. The FEL lifting capacity isn't what they claim. I've already had to do repairs to the battery cables due to corrosion. I fixed those and added a solar battery charger. The gearing (hi and lo) are a little funky, if you're in high with a load or on a slope, forget the hi gear. 4WD is OK but if you're on hard surface the front tires with wear out fast. Mine didn't come with a leveling rod for the FEL, a must for many jobs. Good luck with your purchase.

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #24  
I have CK2610 HST, with back hoe, have had it for more than 3 years. I do like it, and use it a lot. I looked really hard a the Kubota equivalent and at the last minute jumped to Kioti. My assessment at the time, and I still think it's true; with Kioti you get a little bit better performance specs for a little bit less money, compared with Kubota. I have to say though that dealership should be a factor to consider, I've had a significant problem with my Kioti dealership, even Kioti thinks they are out of order but say they can do nothing about that. Quality of future service from a dealership needs a crystal ball but definitely consider it.

As for Mahindra I have no experience with them but almost all I've seen and read, their product quality is really left wanting.

Good luck

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #25  
I work at a place that sells the 1626 Mahindra. I own the predecessor number 3016. I feel the geared tractor is stronger in all regard between the hydro 1626 and the geared. I feel the Mahindra is rather crude in its shift operation but is still capable. I also do not like the back and forth peddle actuator for the 1626 much preferring the side to side pedals.
My tractor (3016) is rated for 1650 lift for the fel at full height. I am telling you right now that I would never in a million years lift that weight at full height with this tractor.
What has not been talked about is stability when traveling at the rated weight premise and all of the tractors you mention are too small to move this type of weight for any appreciable distance safely at the rated height.
You would need the next frame or two size larger.
LD 1 is correct. All of these tractors will lift a 1400 # log to waist height. I would not consider moving this type of weight at shoulder height for any of this trio.
All of these tractors will do what is pictured lift wise.

For lifting pallets of stone or heavy feed bags, you would be much happier with the Mahindra 2660. That is a more than capable tractor with little doubt as to its ability.

Attachments

• P1010143.jpg
    P1010143.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
   / Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #26  
It will be general property maintenance, and down the road used to help establish a new homestead. Moving logs, dirt and gravel work, pallets of stones, brush hogging, digging water/sewer/electrical trenches. Moving animal feed/hay.

Generally, a trencher is going to be much faster at digging trenches than a backhoe unless the ground is so rocky that you've got to dig the rocks out. I own a Terramite backhoe. It's one of those things that I don't use for a long time and then it gets a lot of use. You just have to think through your own needs.

Moving logs, pallets of stone, moving hay--on my L2501, I think we're only talking about 1,014 lb loader lift capacity. Expectations have to be realistic for what it will lift without damaging the tractor especially if one loses loader capacity by adding heavy forks to their loader.

As far as dirt and gravel, I've found my L2501 4wd HST very solid at moving a 5' box blade full of gravel without problems. It's also very solid at garden plowing, IMO.

Haven't used it to brush hog. I have other tractors for that.

Some things I personally don't like about my L2501 based on my own experience: having filters under the foot platform, the front plastic grill, the rear plastic taillights that stick out from the rear fenders, and the plastic glove box/mount assembly. I also find it a little awkward to get to the seating position. I spent several days fabricating various guards and a hand grab bar to try to address these issues more to my liking.

I am not familiar with the other tractors you are considering.

If a tractor is well maintained and not abused, it can last a very long time, but the issue as the years go by becomes parts availability and cost. Parts may be available today, but are they going to be available in 10-20+ years? That's something else to consider in choosing between brands.

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #27  
I have CK2610 HST, with back hoe, have had it for more than 3 years. I do like it, and use it a lot. I looked really hard a the Kubota equivalent and at the last minute jumped to Kioti. My assessment at the time, and I still think it's true; with Kioti you get a little bit better performance specs for a little bit less money, compared with Kubota. I have to say though that dealership should be a factor to consider, I've had a significant problem with my Kioti dealership, even Kioti thinks they are out of order but say they can do nothing about that. Quality of future service from a dealership needs a crystal ball but definitely consider it.

As for Mahindra I have no experience with them but almost all I've seen and read, their product quality is really left wanting.

Good luck
That depends where the Mahindra is coming from. Tym makes their 2600 series and is a good tractor in all regard. Mitsubishi makes their 1600 series and although a bit crude, is a very capable tractor and very dependable. The tractors coming from India (3500 series and up)are your basic tractor with little to no elaboration. They have shown some annoying circumstances such as leaks mostly but even they have much improvement over yesteryear tractors.

Mahindra is about to concise their production with a joint 50/50 partnership with Mitsubishi and India tractors. There is an entire new line coming out called the K2 series and this factory will be in India.

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #28  
All three models will work but there are subtle differences, and as others have stated loader capacity sometimes is over stated or at different points pivot pins vs bucket edge etc. Kubota tends to be conservative in loader capacity BTW.

The BH connection - the Kioti subframe comes off with the tractor, the Mahindra and Kubota have a 4 Pt attachment, easier to R&R and also store. There are features/functions on the Kioti and Mahindra that are options on the Kubota which will add up to a bit more cost as the L2501 is their basic model (rear valves, extendable 3 PTH links, suspension seat etc.)

Surprised that the dealers wouldn't let you sit/drive one that's unusual for a dealer.

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #29  
Surprised that the dealers wouldn't let you sit/drive one that's unusual for a dealer.
That strikes me as absolutely ridiculous as well.
It's like "blackmail". "You're not gonna get your kid back until you give me a deposit".
Who on this green earth comes up with these business models???

/ Kioti CK2610 vs Mahindra 1626 vs Kubota L2501 #30  
I have the bobcat version of the kioti (no BH); very happy at 100+ hours. great dealer support, no issues or failures. The loader is very stout, always surprised what I can lift with no strain. work platform ergonomics in the kioti was my favorite, and reason for choice.
I own the bobcat as well and agree 100%

Ct2025 in case you need to look it up Ecreps