Kioti DK model Comparisons

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #21  
Would an HST pull any of these trailers on the road? Nope. It can barely move in High range, let alone with a trailer attached to it.

This is a Kioti DK5010. Tractors are driven on the road a lot and that can't be done in Low or Medium range. It will be done in High range and just upshift or downshift as needed on the fly using the main gears.

227491302_5856539127754777_1467849007697020078_n.jpg
107663742_2717601998477019_8190192754226682284_n.jpg
Fair point if anyone actually did tasks like this with a small tractor in the USA. At least in my area, we don't. I was definitely thinking more about personal home property use, though.

But furthermore, Kioti lists the "max trailering capacity" of their tractors with the exact same figures regardless of which trans you have, so....

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons #22  
If you own a DK4510, DK4710SE or DK4210SE: In looking for my next Kioti I have a few questions:
I already know what's on the specs charts and Kioti's compare models website. I'm after a stronger FEL and these all have the same one and I gain that.
My larger question is toward pulling power from the HST versions these tractors will provide vs. the 4510 shuttle. They share the same frame and similar weight-pulling a log in the woods while skidding is mostly my question.
Thanks for sharing.
I think I get what you are looking for. The best/safest way to look at it is to size the tractor to the logs that you are likely to be wanting to pull, and the terrain on which you plan to pull them. There's probably not many equipment manufacturers that would have any kind of listing for that. However, you could consider what the three point mounted log winches are rated for as a start. Also, there may be other outfits in your area that are doing what you want to do. Take a look at the equipment they use (and how long they have been in business). Length of time in business can be a good indicator of how safely they work.
I have a DK4710SE cab model and it pulls harder than my Farmall H or my Case 310b. Most of that is the added four wheel drive rather than horse power. They all can pull really hard when conditions are right, but they don't have the PTO power to make a mower cut brush.

Dave Canfield

/ Kioti DK model Comparisons
Dave, your mostly on target. I already know what pro loggers in my area use and it's mostly not what people like me use as they all have skidders and loaders and dozers and trucks. When we had a local pulp yard that fed the Mead paper mill in S OH there were quite a few what I'll call "bottom feeders" who cut pine for pulp or PT posts and they used whatever they had they farmed their small tobacco bases with. I cut pine for posts and logs on my own place using a 8N Ford for a couple years in fact. Other than no loader i got along fine. Now I'm able to afford much more and have gone through a procession of tractors since our sons have been long gone and moneys not so tight. PTO matters not much to me as anything I go with will run my 6' Bush Hog rotary cutter. Traction vs. pulling power is quite the spot where things sort out.
I will throw out that where I'm from in KS few small tractors were used but I know those machines well. Almost never is that type/size machine purposeful in E KY with a few exceptions most around here are under 50hp. I'm at a point where I really doubt I'll go with HST. I've decided that my left knee is not a focal point for choosing a tractor as if it gets that bad I won't be doing much chasing around in the woods on a tractor, etc., etc. AND, I actually like a shuttle tractor. They are heads above a shifter between yer legs machine if you not just pulling thru a large field back and forth.