Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you?

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #41  
For anyone who lives in a hilly area this may make it easier to use your E brake and mot wear the teeth out. And much easier to apply.
20220119_144634.jpg

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #42  
Happened to me at 100 hours...that steel is way to soft

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #43  
Happened to me at 100 hours...that steel is way to soft
If hardening of the metal won't work with a torch, you can take down the teeth a little bit and weld it back up. The weld will be much harder than the original steel.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #44  
3,000 hrs. on CK27 no sign of wear. 400 hrs. on 2610 no sign of wear.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #45  
Glad I found this thread. My Ck25 now had 800+ hrs but had started probably in the 600 range as it has been "slipping" out of park and when I looked under there mine is worn although not the the extent of the OP's but where it does hold on the lever is basically useless as I was parked on a hill using the backhoe. I will have to pull the lever off and see if welding on the teeth will be better than just cutting it out and replacing as the OP did.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #46  
Glad I found this thread. My Ck25 now had 800+ hrs but had started probably in the 600 range as it has been "slipping" out of park and when I looked under there mine is worn although not the the extent of the OP's but where it does hold on the lever is basically useless as I was parked on a hill using the backhoe. I will have to pull the lever off and see if welding on the teeth will be better than just cutting it out and replacing as the OP did.
Welding the teeth up should harden that area.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #47  
Why not weld or bolt a steel plate next to it and cut new teeth wit a file? Seems like an easy fix.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #48  
Hmmm, I have near 800 hours on mine but haven't had an issue with the parking brake. I use it all the time too. I should have a look at it though.

/ Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #49  
Slippage right around 100hrs. Not cool when swapping QA on a 10 percent slope. My workaround is to 1) angle the front tires so I don't have to hop a runaway train if the brake sproings out, and 2) rather than pushing down on the brake pedal then pulling up on the parking brake, I now first pull up on the parking brake while feathering the brake pedal. Somehow that engages better. Not a good situ.

Last edited:
   / Kioti parking brake failure...has this happened to you? #50  
Slippage right around 100hrs. Not cool when swapping QA on a 10 percent slope. My workaround is to 1) angle the front tires so I don't have to hop a runaway train if the brake sproings out, and 2) rather than pushing down on the brake pedal then pulling up on the parking brake, I now first pull up on the parking brake while feathering the brake pedal. Somehow that engages better. Not a good situ.
Your brake works the opposite of the NX4510 HST. You need to pull up your locking lever to lock the pedals down?