Knowing What U Know Now!

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #41  
very pleased i chose M8540 hyd shuttle 12 sp. (tier2) especially the timing of the purchase, preceding the very expensive & pita tier 4 models. paid 34k in '08 for open station.
that amount now wouldn't get me jack, maybe a mid range compact like the MX series, etc
i lucked out (so far)

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #42  
I would of bought bigger one with a grapple. I have a 40hp 4x4 . Should of went at least 50 .

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #43  
I bought my last tractor in 2005 (new JD 4120). I am very thankful now, that I bought that make and model at that time. It has provided me with 16 years of mostly trouble free service. My only issues were the factory equipped Bosch starter failed at 5 years, the original battery at about 10 years, and the front Titan R1 tires failed at 12 years.

I feel sorry for folks looking to buy new tractors today, because I dont think you can get an American made engine in the under 60 hp class, that meets tier 4 regulations. Fortunately I should not have to worry about that because my old JD is still going strong and showing no signs of trouble.

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #44  
I bought my last tractor in 2005 (new JD 4120). I am very thankful now, that I bought that make and model at that time. It has provided me with 16 years of mostly trouble free service. My only issues were the factory equipped Bosch starter failed at 5 years, the original battery at about 10 years, and the front Titan R1 tires failed at 12 years.

I feel sorry for folks looking to buy new tractors today, because I dont think you can get an American made engine in the under 60 hp class, that meets tier 4 regulations. Fortunately I should not have to worry about that because my old JD is still going strong and showing no signs of trouble.
"In the under 60 hp class", I would choose a Japanese built diesel every time, even if I could choose "American made"!

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #45  
My biggest issue with the Japanese power plants in 2005 was that I still had 2 surviving close relatives, who were Pacific theater WW 2 veterans at that time.

It was partly at their urging, that I went with a tractor powered by an American built JD Powertech engine. Of course it didn't hurt that it either out spec'd or matched the price of any foreign powered tractor that I could find back then.
"In the under 60 hp class", I would choose a Japanese built diesel every time, even if I could choose "American made"!

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #46  
I'm happy and would buy again with my 2005 DK45. I had a Yanmar 336D prior just needed a bigger tractor -- platform & capacity. I do hay, food plots, tilling, disking, and lots of brush hogging with it. My brother in-law bought the same tractor just a couple of years newer after seeing mine. He bought his over a Kubota & JD as I did. Both satisfied owners. Mine has a Rhino loader his has a Kioti loader.

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #47  
I have been very happy with my 2001 Kioti DK 35. It has been strong, well built and very reliable for me.
Yes I would buy the same tractor again.
Some times wish I had a cab.

/ Knowing What U Know Now! #48  
Good question. I asked myself this very question a couple of years ago. My B2620 was 10 years old. There were two things I wished it had, quick attach for the bucket and position control for the 3PH. I didn't buy the B2630 because it was bigger (and I didn't want bigger), more expensive, and I didn't know what position control was or that I would really need it or not. Kubota makes a big deal of the 1/4 inching valve, but it is no match/comparison to position control.

Anyway, I figured I had lived a decade without it, I could probably live another one without it. But, I did get a quick attach and a grapple and forks and working on adding rear remotes for a top-n-tilt.

The size of the B2620 is right for my property, but I think I will get rear wheel spacers for more stability. My neighbor has the next size up B3050 and it seems significantly bigger. I think this is now the LX series. They look nice, but not +$10-20K nice.