Kobalt 40V chain and pole saws recalled

/ Kobalt 40V chain and pole saws recalled #11  
Kobalt battery powered tools may have improved over the years but I will never try them again. Had a blower that failed in two aspects within about 3 months. When fully charged it would not run for more than about 10-15 minutes and then later the charger failed to charge at all. If you choose to make that label sort of a flagship brand you need to do it right and always right.

/ Kobalt 40V chain and pole saws recalled #12  
Sometimes cheap is all I need.

Agree. If I need a tool but know I will not need it again for a very long time if ever, I will sometimes go cheap. Same with the extended warranties they offer - if I will not likely use the tool again for a year or two or five, the warranty and any extended warranty will have expired. I bought a HF tile saw on sale - a pretty good deal with the 20% on top of that - they pressed me to get the extended warranty but I declined. I used it to complete several tile jobs at home within the first 3-4 months I had it, but I knew that after my tile work was over it would just sit in the barn. Several friends have since borrowed the tile saw and it still works fine.

I will still go for quality though if it involves something I know I will be using frequently.