Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors?

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #11  
Start looking harder. All the major engine manufacturers use RTV sealant on the valve covers. Briggs, Kohler, Kawasaki, Honda. And a few use it in place of a sump gasket.
Have a Kowalski on my other zero turn and the valve covers ARE gasketed with formed rubber 'o' rings. No issue with blue glue though I prefer Kubota 3 Bond myself.

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #12  
Welp theres your issue right there. Courage engines are terrible. My neighbors tractor has a 27hp courage on it and it is mega hard to start. Doesnt burn oil yet. And grinds when cranking.
Probably grinding when starting because the starter motor is coming loose from it's mounting

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #13  
My philosophy is, when you depart from cast iron to die cast aluminum, it's all downhill. To my ears nothing sounds sweeter idling than a K series big single. and they really do idle just fine (once you get rid of the non adjustable smog carb that is). When you grab a handful of throttle and the motor torques over, that sounds sweet too.

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #14  
Have a Kowalski on my other zero turn and the valve covers ARE gasketed with formed rubber 'o' rings. No issue with blue glue though I prefer Kubota 3 Bond myself.
The FR and the FH series have been built with either a flat hard gasket, or RTV in some cases. and some have switched from gasket to RTV and back to gasket. I think the Kohler Command engines are still running the fiber/plastic valve covers with the O ring. the 7000/7500 series which is the old Courage twin are running stamped steel covers with RTV.

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #15  
Welp theres your issue right there. Courage engines are terrible. My neighbors tractor has a 27hp courage on it and it is mega hard to start. Doesnt burn oil yet. And grinds when cranking.
The Courage twin starters are basically underpowered for that engine and starter bendix failure, starter shaft breaking off at the top cover, and damaging the windings to the point of lost torque are very common. Some people have replaced that starter with the solenoid shift starter from the Command engines.

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #16  
The FR and the FH series have been built with either a flat hard gasket, or RTV in some cases. and some have switched from gasket to RTV and back to gasket. I think the Kohler Command engines are still running the fiber/plastic valve covers with the O ring. the 7000/7500 series which is the old Courage twin are running stamped steel covers with RTV.

I can infact confirm that the command series do still use gaskets.

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #17  
Kohler...garbage. Ill never buy another piece of equipment with a Kohler in it.

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #18  
Don't matter to me Randy, I cut a gasket from gasket stock and retro fit them, not a big deal for me. I just find replacing an actual gasket with RTV (blue glue) to be another cheap alternative. Like I said, the Kawalski has o ring style gaskets, The Kohler on the other zero turn didn't, but it does now.

I believe in valve adjustments on solid lifter engines. Far as the starter on the Courage engine, I've had no issues with the starter...yet I do remove the shrouds a couple times a year and blow out the cooling fins on the engines and remove the collected chaff.

/ Kohler No Longer An Option on L&G Tractors? #20  
Where's a "kowalski" motor made? Poland?? lol lol

Many of the Kohler's are now made in china, some have the carbs so set lean, they won't even start in cold weather. Re-jetting fixes most of those problems though.

SR