Kubota 7040 uneven hydraulic cylindars on loader arm

/ Kubota 7040 uneven hydraulic cylindars on loader arm #1  

cjdRanch

Tractor
Kubota 7040
I have the same issue on my tractor as this older thread. I tried to shim the side that was closed but it had not effect. When the cylinders are in the full dump position the right side is extended about 2 inches farther than the left side. do I remove the upper hydraulic line and pull it back and then close it? Not sure the best method. A friend said he had to do the same thing on a skid steer one time but did not remember if the pulled it back or pushed the other one back. Thank you for any assistance in advance.
20140621_095725 b.jpg
20140621_095725 b.jpg
20140621_095725 w.jpg
20140621_095725 w.jpg

/ Kubota 7040 uneven hydraulic cylindars on loader arm #2  
I think something is bent. Aren't the two sides connected by that cross tube? Attempting to square it up may crack the tube or a weld. (or a cylinder mount)

You would need to lock the left side and PULL the right side. Good luck.

/ Kubota 7040 uneven hydraulic cylindars on loader arm
I think something is bent. Aren't the two sides connected by that cross tube? Attempting to square it up may crack the tube or a weld. (or a cylinder mount)

You would need to lock the left side and PULL the right side. Good luck.
yes they are connected. I have measured everything I can and can not find anything out of whack other than the right side cylinder is 1/2 in longer than the left. I tried to crack the upper line on the right side and pull it back, but it pulled the left side back the same amount. I am not a hydraulic expert, but thinking maybe I need to open the lower line on the left side when I pull the right side back? but yes, need a way to lock the left side in place and pull the right side back. Thank you for your response.

/ Kubota 7040 uneven hydraulic cylindars on loader arm #4  
It requires cutting that "torque tube" and welding it back together.
I had the same problem. I cut it in the middle, found a pipe that fit nicely over this tube slid it over the factory tube and welded back together while attached to the bucket (for setting the "timing")
I have pictures on my computer that I'll try to find.

/ Kubota 7040 uneven hydraulic cylindars on loader arm #5  
You shouldn't "crack" any lines. You'd have high pressure hydraulic oil spraying out--Very dangerous. Leave the lines connected. The two hydraulic sides are linked together. Find a way to chain the left side so it doesn't move and roll the dump back. Just don't do it in the position of your picture--You could bend a cylinder rod.

A large concrete slab/wall and 3/8" grade 70 chain will be needed.

If it were me, I'd remove that whole carriage and bolt it down in a 20-30 ton press. Press it back into alignment or cut and reweld the tube.

/ Kubota 7040 uneven hydraulic cylindars on loader arm #6  
Ops, Rusty beat me to it. (y)

You shouldn't "crack" any lines. You'd have high pressure hydraulic oil spraying out--Very dangerous. Leave the lines connected. The two hydraulic sides are linked together. Find a way to chain the left side so it doesn't move and roll the dump back. Just don't do it in the position of your picture--You could bend a cylinder rod.

A large concrete slab/wall and 3/8" grade 70 chain will be needed.

If it were me, I'd remove that whole carriage and bolt it down in a 20-30 ton press. Press it back into alignment or cut and reweld the tube.
well I don't have a 30 ton press, so that is not an option. Are you saying that the carriage is bent? I did not have it running when I tried to pull it back into alignment so there was no high pressure spraying, more like dribbling. just so I understand. lock the left side into place and then roll it back while locked and try to pull it back into alignment. But do it in more of a neutral position? How about a large tree, chain it to the trunk?

It requires cutting that "torque tube" and welding it back together.
I had the same problem. I cut it in the middle, found a pipe that fit nicely over this tube slid it over the factory tube and welded back together while attached to the bucket (for setting the "timing")
I have pictures on my computer that I'll try to find.
so I have to seperate the sides push one side back into alignment and then weld back together?

/ Kubota 7040 uneven hydraulic cylindars on loader arm #9  
There’s no synchronization of the cylinders. They rely 100 percent on the loader frame. If the cylinders aren’t aligned the frame is bent.

/ Kubota 7040 uneven hydraulic cylindars on loader arm #10  
so I have to seperate the sides push one side back into alignment and then weld back together?

I’d try putting a shim in the bump stop that closes first and see if you can push the other side down with the hydraulics. If that doesn’t work you’ll probably have to cut and reweld it.