Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #411  
Well, I got my F-3680 on Friday and let’s just say it has gotten off to a really bad start.
First off, the machine itself looks excellent. The new mower on it makes the whole machine look brand new. I picked it up at the dealer and brought it home about 3pm. Unloaded from trailer and began mowing. It takes a little getting used to.
Felt fine at first, but after about 2 minutes of mowing, the hydro pedal became difficult to operate and the hydrostatic transmission got VERY loud and whiny. I disengaged the PTO and all functions returned to normal. No issues, drives fine. The PTO is causing the machine to weaken to the point where it’s not drivable.
Drove it back to dealer and they are assessing. I will get more info on Monday.
So I didn’t even get 10 minutes of use and it’s back to the dealer. The BIG question is, if it’s a big repair, who is going to pay for it. They have already cashed my check-little recourse for me, but I have purchased 2 larger farm tractors from them and they have completed more than a few large repairs, so I don’t know if they will make it right or tell me I’m screwed....

1622980397150.png

/ Kubota F series #412  
Well, I got my F-3680 on Friday and let’s just say it has gotten off to a really bad start.
First off, the machine itself looks excellent. The new mower on it makes the whole machine look brand new. I picked it up at the dealer and brought it home about 3pm. Unloaded from trailer and began mowing. It takes a little getting used to.
Felt fine at first, but after about 2 minutes of mowing, the hydro pedal became difficult to operate and the hydrostatic transmission got VERY loud and whiny. I disengaged the PTO and all functions returned to normal. No issues, drives fine. The PTO is causing the machine to weaken to the point where it’s not drivable.
Drove it back to dealer and they are assessing. I will get more info on Monday.
So I didn’t even get 10 minutes of use and it’s back to the dealer. The BIG question is, if it’s a big repair, who is going to pay for it. They have already cashed my check-little recourse for me, but I have purchased 2 larger farm tractors from them and they have completed more than a few large repairs, so I don’t know if they will make it right or tell me I’m screwed....

Sorry to hear about the trouble - very nice looking mower, I suppose by now you have double checked the fine print of your purchase receipt?
In any case, I sure hope they will step up and make good on any needed repairs.

Having just completed reassembling my F3060 I can assure you that it would be a major job if the mower had to be split, in order to access PTO clutch / HST to be able to correct the problem.

Last edited:
   / Kubota F series #414  
Got a call today on the status of the F3680.
The tractor must be split and the PTO repaired.
Big job. Probably won’t see it again for 2 weeks.

/ Kubota F series #415  
My F3990 doesn't require parked regens. The regen on the F3990 runs off of a timer and not how plugged the DPF is (Like on my MX5800).

250 hours on my machine as of the weekend.

Hope the dealer takes care of the issue with you new machine!

/ Kubota F series #416  
Got a call today on the status of the F3680.
The tractor must be split and the PTO repaired.
Big job. Probably won’t see it again for 2 weeks.

Yes it's a big job indeed to split it due to all the linkages, hydraulic hoses, whole bunch of side frame & main frame bolts etc.

I would estimate someone who has done it before and has all the tools available, working on almost new clean machine and focusing on just repairing one issue (PTO), will need 8 hours to separate it, another 8 hours to find & correct the problem & reassemble transmission/PTO, and 8 more hours to put the tractor back together.

Your mileage may differ.

It would be interesting to hear how many hours they used to complete the job once done?

/ Kubota F series #417  
Funny thing is, the PTO ran perfectly. Cut grass perfectly. Then after about 3-5 minutes of cutting, the hydrostatic pedal F/R would just lock up. Like it would move. Turn off mower deck and hydrostatic ran like a champ

/ Kubota F series #418  
I hope they have mechanics who are familiar with the PTO / HST on these mowers and will correct the problem to your satisfaction.

Here is a photo couple of days ago of me test driving my 3600 hour F3060, after having taken the HST / 2-speed transmission & front axle completely apart during this past winter.
Before taking it apart the mower sort of worked OK but had sticky HST pedal and few transmission / HST oil leaks, as well as a steering hydraulic controller leak that all had to be corrected, however after I got started on it last fall I decided to do a complete refurbishing project.

So far so good, but I have yet another issue with worn mower deck drive shaft to deal with before doing serious test mowing and will write more about this project after that here:

F3060 HST Speed Control Pedal Sticking

P1070754.JPG

/ Kubota F series #419  
They are a very large, multi location Kubota dealership (and other brands Case-IH, JCB...)
I dont know how thoroughly and carefully it will be repaired and honestly, have little control over that.
I know hope is not a plan, but I dont have too much more than hope right now.
They did offer the option to buy it back. I said Id like to keep it as I think itll be a great mower.
Unsure now....

/ Kubota F series #420  
I’ll only buy a used mower or Bush hog with under 25-50hrs on it & that’s IF I know it’s history.

ive bought 4 JD tractors with 100-250hrs on them, saved a lot of $$ & gotten fine units.

I just can’t make myself but higher hour units