Kubota F series

/ Kubota F series #391  
Steering wheels have been (a)round for quite some time so you should be OK

:ROFLMAO:

/ Kubota F series #392  
But it will need a spinner knob. ;) (y)

/ Kubota F series #393  
The steering wheel requires much less input/movement/adjusting than the sticks on open somewhat rough ground. The steering wheel seems to stay true to the course but sticks require almost constant corrections and that comes from experience with both from me and others that I had helping mow some rental property.

/ Kubota F series #394  
The steering wheel requires much less input/movement/adjusting than the sticks on open somewhat rough ground. The steering wheel seems to stay true to the course but sticks require almost constant corrections and that comes from experience with both from me and others that I had helping mow some rental property.
The steering wheel adjustment for me will be tail swing. I have to be careful the steering wheel and tail swing doesn’t have me swinging the tail end and slamming into a building, mailbox, bush, etc.

Last edited:
   / Kubota F series #395  
Just did our first mowing of the season. As best as I can figure it's somewhere around the 38th season for our old F-2000 and about the 35th for us. Battery tender all winter and the old gal fired right up. Just needed a little air in the tires. 👍

/ Kubota F series #396  
I needed a replacement 72" RD deck shell for my F3060 and still am convinced the Peruzzi flail would be a good choice, except at the time they only had 60" version and also the price difference between just shell vs. whole new (60") flail mower was something like $2000 vs. $4500 or so.

Looks like they now have 72" flail version so I think it comes down to price difference between a complete 72" Kubota deck vs. 72" Peruzzi for $5500 ?

In my case the old deck shell was warped (who knows why?) and worn lower edges due to municipal hired help having ran it it too close to the ground.
I still have the old shell but so far decided not rebuild it due to other priorities.

Here is my 72" RD deck with a new shell:

View attachment 698600
I think I will keep an eye out for a used one in the future. Also want a debris blower for leaves and roads so I can do more large property maintenance tasks

/ Kubota F series #397  
The steering wheel adjustment for me will be tail swing. I have to be careful the steering wheel and tail swing doesn’t have me swinging the tail end and slamming into a building, mailbox, bush, etc.
It does happen. I still some times bump a tree but I figure it should get out of my way. :)

/ Kubota F series #398  
It takes little bit to get used to it, but Z mowers where operator sits above the deck have somewhat similar situation with few feet less overall lenght.

We have been mowing 18 years Grasshopper (stick steering & front deck) and it's no big deal at all in my opinion.

/ Kubota F series
The F-series is the best mower I have ever had. It can be improved upon though with one thing. Four-wheel steer with the addition of a switch so that the wheels can turn in tandem or opposite of each other. That way going around trees would be closer and if you want to pull away from a building or a pond and not have the rear end swing around, they turn in tandem. It would be a killer machine if it had that feature.

/ Kubota F series #400  
I was cutting our biggest customer yesterday-about an 8 hour cut-noting that soon I will be cutting it with the F and not the Z.
Gotta remember that tail swing!!!!