Kubota L3600/LA680 hydraulics problem. Need help

/ Kubota L3600/LA680 hydraulics problem. Need help #41  
Sounds to me like a cylinder is binding up. Don't know if your tractor has 1 or 2 on the dump function. Sounds like when you go into regen mode it doesn't have enough pressure to move the cylinder and the relief valve opens. I had a cylinder bind up and it was very jerky, especially at low rpm when it was moving slowly.

/ Kubota L3600/LA680 hydraulics problem. Need help
Update-
The weather was pretty yesterday so I took a day off from work to concentrate on my hydraulics ordeal.

I wanted to rule out a diverter problem so what I did was to swap the diverter over to the boom circuit hydraulics and put the dump/curl back to the way it was. With that done, now when using the boom circuit to control the grapple, it seems like everything is working as it should. Curl and dump (slow/fast) is back to normal, boom (raise/lower) is normal, grapple (open/close) works good, no hydraulic shudder/chatter, no relief valve noise and no tractor strain.

With that said, I assume that my troubles were coming from the hydraulic regen of the curl/dump circuit and switching to the boom solved the problem. Just to be sure I'm going to run the loader pretty hard this weekend so the fluid gets hot and see if anything changes.

Thanks for all your opinions and suggestions.

/ Kubota L3600/LA680 hydraulics problem. Need help #43  
Thanks for the update Houser.

/ Kubota L3600/LA680 hydraulics problem. Need help #44  
Well boys, I need help again!

I decided to clean up the quick couplers a bit so I ordered up some bulkhead fittings and got a mount plate. I swapped out the NPT-JIC fittings I had in the couplers for the bulkhead NPT to JIC and got everything plumbed up. Guess what?

IT DOESN'T WORK!

I can see the grapple is trying to shut, but the hydraulics sound dead-headed when I try to open the grapple.

So I started troubleshooting. I swapped to a hydraulic motor I've had lying around for years thinking I'd build an auger. Sure enough, spins in one direction, dead heads in the other.

Ok, then I figured it must be what I did today that cause the problem, right? So I bypassed the bulkhead setup. I installed the quick connects from the grapple onto the aux hydraulic lines directly and tried the motor again. Same thing: spins in one direction dead in the other.

So then I plugged the aux lines into each other to make a loop. You can hear nice flow in one direction, dead head in the other.

What's going on? Any suggestions?

I'm lost.

ac

/ Kubota L3600/LA680 hydraulics problem. Need help #45  
Well boys, I need help again!

I decided to clean up the quick couplers a bit so I ordered up some bulkhead fittings and got a mount plate. I swapped out the NPT-JIC fittings I had in the couplers for the bulkhead NPT to JIC and got everything plumbed up. Guess what?

IT DOESN'T WORK!

I can see the grapple is trying to shut, but the hydraulics sound dead-headed when I try to open the grapple.

So I started troubleshooting. I swapped to a hydraulic motor I've had lying around for years thinking I'd build an auger. Sure enough, spins in one direction, dead heads in the other.

Ok, then I figured it must be what I did today that cause the problem, right? So I bypassed the bulkhead setup. I installed the quick connects from the grapple onto the aux hydraulic lines directly and tried the motor again. Same thing: spins in one direction dead in the other.

So then I plugged the aux lines into each other to make a loop. You can hear nice flow in one direction, dead head in the other.

What's going on? Any suggestions?

I'm lost.

ac

This is your first post in this thread, so can you give us some details or start a new thread if you already haven't?
BUT, what little I can gather, regen is your issue.