Buying Advice Kubota new L3560 grand

/ Kubota new L3560 grand #31  
My plow is 3-Pt. mount. There are two types of plow protection against underground obstacles; shear bolt protection and (resettable) trip protection, which involves a trigger held by springs within the plow housing. Trip protection does require a little cleaning/lubrication every few years.

Attachments

• DSC00271.jpg
    DSC00271.jpg
    1,003.9 KB · Views: 438
  • DSC00270.jpg
    DSC00270.jpg
    866.3 KB · Views: 390
  • DSC00273.jpg
    DSC00273.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 851
   / Kubota new L3560 grand
Timothy at bigtoolrack my l 3560 grand has been a awesome tractor. It has done everything i have asked of it.Bush hogging,snow removal.tilling with a 6ft tiller,dragging and carrying logs for firewood all in the comfort of heat and air.I have had zero problems with this tractor. I would definitely recommend for you to get a l 3560 grand.20140907_171136.jpg20140427_102928.jpg

Last edited:
   / Kubota new L3560 grand #33  
My plow is 3-Pt. mount. There are two types of plow protection against underground obstacles; shear bolt protection and (resettable) trip protection, which involves a trigger held by springs within the plow housing. Trip protection does require a little cleaning/lubrication every few years.

He may have been thinking of a pull type plow with trip hitch when you said trip plow. Back in the 50's we had a 2 bottom and 3 bottom plow we pulled behind our Farmall H and M. They had a spring loaded trip hitch that cut the entire plow loose if you hit a rock. Amazing time waster compared to an auto-reset bottomed plow. Our 7720 Deere and M135GX have electronic draft control but our ground is so uneven - mixture of soil types with differing resistance - so we end up using position control on both.

/ Kubota new L3560 grand #34  
I have an L3540 and have used it with a 6' Bushhog SQ-172. It can run it okay, but if you get in the tall grass or thick brush, you'll need to slow down a good bit. I went back to using my MX5100 which doesn't skip a beat with the same cutter in thicker brush.

HP

/ Kubota new L3560 grand #35  
Hey...

Ii am a newbie here... had looked at getting a unit for general use. Landscaping, home, tree trimming, foundation work, cutting and moving firewood... basically as a physical support for everyday tasks.

I looked for 4 months. Decided on Kubota because a local contractor that I have worked with in the past said I would not have any issues pretty much for the life of the tractor. I half heartedly looked at Mahindra and Holland, and Deer. But always comparing all of those against the Kubota from the start.

Had first service done 2 weeks ago at 37 hours.

The L3560 HST cab SE, 805 loader, BH92 backhoe, Mechanical thumb, 72 land pride Grapple, 4 cage work platform, pallet forks, post hole digger, HD bucket, and 84 back blade now has 73 hours of brush removal, a few holes with backhoe, and some wood prep for firewood.
No issues that cant be handled by the dealer. Most of it is that I am a newbie and dont understand everything (anything) about a tractor.

But I bought 2 sizes up from what I thought I wanted because I had no clue, except That I wanted at least a 9 dig depth on the backhoe.

3 months on the 19th of sept 2020.

I look at this little machine sitting in the field... and am simply amazed at the stuff it can do.

I am impressed.

Its not massive, but it is technically superior to anything on the market for sure. Hands down.

You get this machine and you cannot go wrong.

But I cannot underestimate the importance of frame size. Whatever your task, get a larger frame size than your most aggressive task requires. Nothing worse than buying too small. I was so worried about this on such an expensive purchase.

I looked at open and cab models, and was again concerned that I would get a cab and then limit myself on access around trees and small trails.

For me the cab is probably one of the most amazing things this thing delivers! It痴 like magic. Incredible!

I thought I had gone too big. But I am so glad I overstepped and bought bigger than a l3901.

I am in a perfect place with the 3560 LE... it痴 simply an amazing machine that I hope to own forever...

/ Kubota new L3560 grand #36  
I started looking in Aug of 2019, and I finally purchased in March 2020 with a delivery in mid July of 2020. YES, in the middle of Covid.

After 7 months of use, half a summer, and most of a winter, 50, 100 and 200 hours services, I can share that my experience with this purchase has been a mixed bag.

Delivery July 17 2020 NEW

Kubota L3650HSTC Cab $52,500 (0% Interest - 84 months/$603 per month)
($1000 Buy down for 0% - $ 1,000 Cash
No KTAC Insurance ($5200) Purchased my own Inland Marine Insurance at $225/year ($1575 for 7 years)
Kubota 3rd Function Valve (Kubota Branded - not After market Land Pride)
805 Loader (Did not make sense to order with smaller loader 645?)
B92 Backhoe 9'2" (Did not make sense to order with smaller Backhoe 7')
LandPride SGC1072 Grapple (Dealer)
Spill Guard (hydraulic control - does interfere somewhat with Grapple/Fork use)
Defrost (all windows options)
Rear wiper
R4 Tires

Sales

The sales side of the adventure was lackluster while dealing with the dealership. Twice, I was told by the sales representative that I could take my business elsewhere when I stated that there was little to help me from their quotes in differentiating pricing with any other quotes I had received.

Once was with a threat that if I did go to another dealer, they would not refund my $1500 deposit.

Another instance I was told that I could take my business elsewhere and they would refund my deposit when I expressed again, a second time, that I could not follow their pricing structure (in comparison with another dealer I searched out online to get a 3rd quote for validating that what I was paying for was competitive).

In any case, it was a difficult period for everyone, as Inventory (whole goods, and parts) were being held closely by dealerships due to non replenishment from Kubota during the beginning months of the Pandemic

Implements:

$3600
HD round Back Bucket (Dealer)
Harbor Freight Quick Connect 3 Point adapter $78
Titan Pallet forks 3000# $625
Titan 3point to Quick Connect adapter/ Trailer hitch $225
Titan 48" 4 ft high pallet work Platform $545
Used - Brush Hog Post hole w/12" auger (Dealer) $900
Auction- 84" Titan HD back Blade $575

Trailer:

Trailerman 21ft $1750 (USED)
New Tires (2) $175
Chains/Ratchets for tie down $270
4 Wheels $350
Lights $70
Title/License/Registration $240

200 Hour Breakdown on Usage

20 Hours - break-in and learning equipment - Loader/Backhoe/Backhoe removal and Install
mounting and adjusting implements, testing and validating implements/ Safety
110 Hours - Grading and sloping, removal of old water tank (800 Gallon steel), Gravel install for driveway
100 yards Gravel
35 Hours - Wood splitting support, Logs, moving of material, relocating/Stacking, IBC Totes with Firewood
20 Hours - landscaping (Grapple), foundation work (Porch footings), Road Travel to locations for work
10 Hours - Tree Trimming with work Platform (25 foot lift)
5 Hours - Post hole and post installs

Time at Dealership (out of Service)

1 week - (Sep) 50 Hour service, review of steering, 3rd function Valve Install (not available at time of delivery)
Install of Grapple and Test by Dealership
1 week - (Oct) 100 Hour service, Issues with Front Loader FEL hitting Tire under load.
7 weeks - (Nov) Checklist of issues for dealer due to warrant coverage 25 to 30 items, 200 hour service
Parts listing on order for replacement by Kubota Service Rep expected April to May 2021

General Experiences:

I can't compare this machine to anything as I have never owned or even operated anything like this period.

I can say that Dealer support was almost non existent, and that if it were not for my relentless communication with Kubota directly (Customer Service Line) due to warranty covered issues, I fear I would have no recourse with respect to much. The dealership has little respect for my concerns.

Given that, I have purchased garden tractors and other equipment from this multi location dealer and have had positive results in sales, but this is a major Tractor dealer of many many brands of tractors and farming implements... so it behooves me as to why they have taken this approach toward hobby Farming customers purchasing Kubota Equipment.

Again, the dealership has treated my equipment as theirs, not informing me of issues, just repairing them, at whatever means is available to them, and then not communicating what was done other than via "self discovery" of my equipment once I've gotten it back in my possession.

Now as for Kubota, my interaction with them is 60% positive via their Customer Satisfaction Line, and so far - 110% positive interaction with their Service Representative, who I dealt with at the dealership on my last visit, on an appointment basis to review all outstanding issues with the tractor.

The Kubota side is a thumbs up, while the dealership ... the same dealership I have used for maintenance from the beginning, has been an utter disaster up to this point.

It stands to reason, and for good measure, that the dealership you use needs to be top notch in service, repair, and management, and they need to prove this to you previous to the sale.

I have no idea how they are to do that, that's their business, not mine, but due diligence is a must here for any potential buyer of any equipment that requires warranty support at any level, or just plain old service after the fact. The dealership can hurt your warranty if they have a mindset to do so. Anything the dealership touches that limits the life of something on your equipment hurts you, not Kubota. So the dealership should only touch or maintain issues that you are aware of and that you approve of.

One such issue was when the Tractor was left for the issue of a rubbing tire on the lower bracket for the Front End Loader (FEL).

The service tech, after contacting them via phone after the pickup mentioned that there had been a leak in the Backhoe control Valve, and that he went ahead and replaced the seals in the control valve body because "it was covered by Kubota Warranty".

What's wrong with this picture?

Two observations:

It could have been a great dealer taking care of a warranty issue so that I wouldn't experience any down time.

or

It could have been a ploy to get additional coverage labor $, for work not needed (and possibly not even done) but reported as needed to be completed to Kubota Warranty when it wasn't really an issue at all.

With this issue there was never a leak on my 100 hour equipment. I never reported it, I never experienced it, and I was never told until after the fact that someone at the dealer took apart my Backhoe control valve. I should have been notified that there was a leak, and then I should have been a part of that repair process... at the least to see it, and approve it.

Operation

This has been a phenomenal product. I have few words to explain how the Grand L series has delivered one after another consistently positive results, and with the comfort and convenience that I am sure I would so sorely miss if I hadn't gotten the Grand L Cab version.

Total awe and amazement when I found and I pulled an 800 steel storage tank out of the ground with the bottom at 7 feet, without missing a beat. It dragged that tank up and out of the ground no problem! That tank had to be 9 to 10 feet long and 5 feet in diameter. This Kubota pulled it like it was nothing. Amazing that I could have been surprised by such a find, and actually just take care of it right then, no issue. Amazing.

Or plowing and moving snow at 10 degrees. The comfort of this machine is crazy. I cant believe that I was thinking about and actually made a down payment on, an MX5400 open station - until I said... "Wait a minute, yes these are premium machines, but I do owe it to myself to just look and see what a cab model is all about even if it is $6,000 more..."

I sat in an open L3560 Limited Edition at the dealership while reviewing some paperwork, and within 10 minutes of sitting in that Grand L, I was at the sales desk letting the salesman know that we needed to go to the Grand L Model instead of the MX5400 Open Station.

My wife uses the Grand L because she can drive it like a car. Step on the gas and it goes. No Need to worry about clutch, RPM's or anything else... and it has a horn so she is happy!!!

Truly, this Grand L is every bit as functional and useful as buying a new Pickup for the same price... now, I just have to find a ride to work every day!!! He He He

I was told previous to purchasing that I should buy 1 step up from what I thought I needed. I even offered to purchase an L3901 that was about 5 years old with a 7' Backhoe from someone that lived close by because I thought I would not need more than that for sure. But I held onto that warning... "Dont Buy TOO SMALL it will come back to haunt you very quickly". so I jumped to the largest L, the Grand L, and the smallest engine, because I wanted to maintain as much weight in the tractor as possible. 3800 lbs. without backhoe and about 5000 lbs with. Weight is traction, and its perfect with the backhoe albeit with the rear tires filled the specs are not to use a Backhoe for extended use.

So I will only use the backhoe for pure traction when necessary.

Additionally I had the wheels mounted to give me a larger rear wheel base and can still move them out farther if I need to do so. I have relatively level ground.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 0

Attachments

• IMG_5995.JPG
    IMG_5995.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_6234.JPG
    IMG_6234.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 125
  • SJIZ5669.JPG
    SJIZ5669.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 120
   / Kubota new L3560 grand #37  
^^^^
Thanks for posting!
The Dealer can really make or break your overall ownership experience. I'm sorry you have a weak dealer. That's awful.

The Grand L (L3560) is certainly on my future purchase list...once I get my garage/barn constructed (which will be several years down the road).

Mike

/ Kubota new L3560 grand #38  
^^^^
Thanks for posting!
The Dealer can really make or break your overall ownership experience. I'm sorry you have a weak dealer. That's awful.

The Grand L (L3560) is certainly on my future purchase list...once I get my garage/barn constructed (which will be several years down the road).

Mike
A garage/Barn!!! Awesome!!!
I just leveled off and area next to my house for mine.
im limited in size due to the small property I’m on, but I’m thinking a 32x40..... wider is so much better like a 40, but I just am out of space and can’t swing it. As it is I have to pill down a 125 year old or more maple that is awesome shade gif the entire house as the tree is in between the house and proposed garage.

it seems to be one of the worst times to build with lumber snc other materials skyrocketing due to COVID, but I remember saying to myself in the past “if you do t do it now you may never do it”... so I’ve got to.
32x40 is ok, and I’ll build an enclosed walkway or breezeway to it from the house so that will add more functional room. Plus I’ll add a side door and a covered area to one or both sides for firewood.
It’s basically going to be the shop I never had, and a place to do stuff, even in the winter when the snow is flying. I’m not ready for that rocker yet!!!!
I bought the tractor in lieu of a new pickup. People call me crazy, I call me happy. 😁

I can always get a truck-new or used, but when I’m heating my house with 70% wood, and running a 40’x125’ garden, and need to maintain several other properties i own in the interim.... it just makes perfectly good sense to own a nice, always starting, minimal downtime tractor first, and drive my old pickup until it won’t go any more!

😁

/ Kubota new L3560 grand #39  
^^^^
Thanks for posting!

Mike
Mike,

I wished I could have gotten a garage done before I got the tractor but financially it would have been a bear even short term.

I have a lean to that I configured off of the end of one of my two 10’x22’ wood sheds. It’s got a 10’ height and covers the entire tractor to protect it from snow/ice, rain, and sun.
I can put the backhoe into a garage at another property I own a mile away so it is maintained from the weather.

As for the implements... 6 in all, I’ll build additional storage sheds to cover those items along with my kayaks, canoes, Hobie cat 14.5, and a paddle boat! The two 19’ sail boats and the 32ft pontoon will need to live outside!!!!!

/ Kubota new L3560 grand #40  
^^^^
Thanks for posting!

Mike
Plus... I can use the L3560 to build the barn!
I was pricing a tool to lift the trusses into place for the front end loader. Someone purchased that manual telescoping boom for the L3560 and use dot to lift the trusses into place for their garage so I’m sure it will do the trick.

I think the company is