KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #61  
The fan comes on at startup regardless if the fan sensor is good or not, the fan is controlled by a relay the sensor kicks on. I had a boil over when new because the fan sensor was bad. You need to verify fan is operational during use. I have a small sharpie dot on the dash screen over temp guage where the needle gets to when the fan sensor kicks. Your temp guage should never get to halfway mark.Wile using it and you see temp gauge high, simply turn off then restart and as the fan kicks on at startup you will see the needle drop quick. I had to do that until my sensor arrived, dealer mailed it to me under warranty.
Hershey, where is this temp sensor located? Do I need to drain cooling system to change it? Thanks
1120D (diesel)

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #62  
Hershey, where is this temp sensor located? Do I need to drain cooling system to change it? Thanks
1120D (diesel)
This is the fan switch. Not much will come out when you change it but the hose above will drain.

5033D1FE-530C-49E8-B9C4-D0F068923FB4.jpeg

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #63  
I watched a post recently where a recommended service to a Kubota diesel was to clean the muffler. Supposedly described in the manual.

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #64  
I watched a post recently where a recommended service to a Kubota diesel was to clean the muffler. Supposedly described in the manual.
There is a screen there for spark arresting. I cut mine out.

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #65  
All three units failed within their first 50 hours while operating on a golf resort in central alberta.
the failure is a hairline crack in the diff Center casting that makes up the contact point for the diff lock.
I haven’t figured out how a hairline crack and surface wear you need a micrometer to measure renders the locker completely inoperable. I also don’t understand how if it was slipping we aren’t able to hear it or feel it contacting every revolution.
Yes I will start a threat good idea!
So we have completed the analysis. Turns out kubota used an impact clutch for the 4wd and diff lock. The spring loaded hammers will destroy the soft diff carrier if left engaged. Basically the only way to avoid self destruction of the transmission is to only use the diff lock or 4wd when absolutely necessary. You have 50 hours or less of diff lock or 4wd use before it implodes. And kubota will not warranty it. They said we “shouldn’t be using the diff lock that often as these are light duty machines.”

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #66  
That's odd. They have MANY RTV's here used on wind tower construction jobs where they are working in mud, on mountains and loaded and driven by guys that don't have a penny invested in them, and I've yet to see one fail.

That was all the "sales pitch" I need to go buy one.

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #67  
So we have completed the analysis. Turns out kubota used an impact clutch for the 4wd and diff lock. The spring loaded hammers will destroy the soft diff carrier if left engaged. Basically the only way to avoid self destruction of the transmission is to only use the diff lock or 4wd when absolutely necessary. You have 50 hours or less of diff lock or 4wd use before it implodes. And kubota will not warranty it. They said we “shouldn’t be using the diff lock that often as these are light duty machines.”
I have owned 2 kubotas RTV 900 (1125 hours) and 1100c (60 hours) for pretty hard work since 2006 using the diff lock.NEVER had a failure with a tranny.These are heavy duty units IMHO..:rolleyes:

/ KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #68  
I did have my thermostat fail to open on one occasion.

Coolant in the reserve tank looked a little low, so didn't figure that could be the problem. I went to add a little 50/50 to it anyway, and just as I was there was a sharp "snap" noise from thermostat area, with some gurgling noise following. I just knew that the thermostat had snapped open. Sure enough, I started up and started working it hard again, and the temp never came even close to over heating.

I was/am having an overheat issue also. I had checked the coolant anad the radiator, both OK. After searching for the thermostat I DISCOVERED that there is a SECOND radiator. Yup, belt driven fan on the front of the engine pulling air thru another radiator. Access is thru plastic panel under SEATS. The front radiator has electric fans and is easy to access. BTW.....WHERE is this thermostat????? Thx

Last edited:
   / KUBOTA RTV PROBLEMS #70  
HOW do you burp the cooling system? I can't even FIND the thermostat. 😫

It's been a while since you asked this, so you may already have found the answer, but here it is in case.

1636551858219.png