Kubota vs Kioti?

/ Kubota vs Kioti?
No Bobcat dealer, either?
I just looked it up.....The Kubota dealer apparently sells Bobcats. Aren't they the same as Kioti? Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and see if they have a CT2025.....

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #102  
Regarding the statement that the new prices are "virutually identical," that was certainly NOT the case in 2016 when I bought my NX5510. I was able to get a cab for the price difference between it and a comparable Kubota (I didn't like the feel/layout of the open station on the Kubota- no idea what the cabbed version was, as the increased price would have been outside my target range). NOTE: I'm NOT bashing Kubota- I've got one (and I won't let go of it for anything; but, it's a different tool than my Kioti).

Regarding looking at resale value... I've STILL got my B7800 after about 11 years. And I've STILL got my NX5510 after 5 years. No plan on selling either. Yeah, one day when I'm too old to run them I'll probably have to sell, but who the F knows what things will be like at that point? (raise your hand if four years ago you were prescient enough to know what things are like today [yeah, right]) I buy stuff to USE; my intent is to use it until it's no longer usable: I put in all my time on research up front and have no interest in going through such rigors multiple times (if you're doing so then that could mean that your research abilities might need a bit of scrutiny).
New prices were DEFINITELY the same between the two brands in my area when shopping in 2020 & 2021.

It was, and still is, rather surprising.

Mike

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #103  
I just looked it up.....The Kubota dealer apparently sells Bobcats. Aren't they the same as Kioti? Maybe I'll call them tomorrow and see if they have a CT2025.....
Yes. White instead of Orange. However, the Bobcat uses a proprietary loader but, they are virtually the same tractor.

I would definitely recommend pricing one for comparison.

Mike

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #104  
Interesting .... that Kioti needs a bucket reinforcement cutting edge before it leaves the lot?

Some of us have a Materials bucket and a separate Digging bucket with teeth. I bought a used Bobcat SSL QA bucket for $200 and spent $200 more for CAT teeth to have an effective digging bucket. Swapping buckets with a QA FEL is much easier than trying to remove a tooth bar on a bucket.

I swap among the 2 buckets, my forks, and a trailer hitch receiver on a QA plate frequently. You might find moving rocks with forks is easier.

Don't forget you need to have hooks welded to the bucket top. This also may require a reinforcing plate. I bought the 4 hooks each time on eBay and dropped the bucket & hooks off at my welder. I did the paint when he was done.

It's easy to tell the operators that don't get the hooks welded, they have the buckets crunched in the middle. Some Kubota material buckets in the L series have a lip which can be used for chains, but it's a PIA.

Good luck with that Kioti!
:poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #107  
Most people have not commented much on the fact the Kioti has SSQA standard. I would not own a tractor without SSQA. Been there done that and have the shirt. That alone would keep me from buying that Kubota. With SSQA comes the ability to have forks, grapples etc on your front end. Without it you are screwed.
I think SSQA is now standard for Kubota. At least it is standard for my MX.

/ Kubota vs Kioti? #109  

Bobcats are Kioti's with bold new graphics, and at least up in my neck of the woods, some thought has gone into cold weather set-up as well. I'd definitely look at the Bobcat version of Kioti if for no other reason than their dealership network and parts distribution.

/ Kubota vs Kioti?
I would recommend just getting a Kioti.

Well after all these months of research, watching videos and bothering you guys on the forum, I finally pulled the trigger.....got approved and sent in the contract back in. Kioti CK2610. Didn't get a chance to look at the Bobcats, but at this point, everything was working so well, I just went for it.

I should have it dropped in my driveway in about 2 weeks...I'll send a picture or two and let y'all know how it rides.

Thanks again all for the help, I appreciate it! And no I won't just disappear now...I found out that this forum has a lot of stuff besides just tractors... :)