L3200 Arrived Today

/ L3200 Arrived Today #1  

chim

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4240, Ford 1210
After lots of shopping around and considering other brands, it ended up being a Kubota to replace the Kubota. The new one is an L3200 / FEL / 72" RFM / Filled Tires.

10 years ago the little Ford 1210 on the left was going to be replaced by the then-new B7500 in the center. It filled in as a helper when I was mowing a lot more than I now am, and was too handy to part with.

The B7500 w/ FEL and side discharge 60" RFM served well for the past 10 years but a few more horses, more weight and more elbow room were desired.

Today its replacement arrived so I took the opportunity to have them pose before the B7500 went away on the truck that brought the L3200.

I mowed tonight with the L, and although it looks so much larger than the B in the picture it handles really well. My plan was to mow as much as I could with the new tractor and then trim the rest with the Ford. Never had to use the Ford. I was very pleasantly surprised when a few extra swipes with the string trimmer took care of what I couldn't get with the Kubota.

There is one spot where I always had to use 4WD with the B7500 to stay on track on a sidehill. The L3200 walked right through that place. Another place where I usually back uphill several times coming around a square corner required flicking the 4WD on or picking up the deck on the B7500 to throw weight on the rear tires. The L3200 backed uphill in 2WD pushing the 72" deck as though it was on level ground. I absolutely love the beefier L3200.

P10100483.JPG

/ L3200 Arrived Today #2  
Congrats! That's a very nice rig!

I also noticed how maneuverable my L3800 is and great 2wd traction! :thumbsup:

/ L3200 Arrived Today #3  
just curious how much hangover you have with the 6' finishing mower outside of the tires? 6" on each side??

/ L3200 Arrived Today #5  
Congratulations on your work horse. I envy you - but only for a day. My L3800 rig should be here tomorrow :).

/ L3200 Arrived Today #6  
Congratulations looks great.

/ L3200 Arrived Today
just curious how much hangover you have with the 6' finishing mower outside of the tires? 6" on each side??

As near as I can tell without someone to hold the other end of the tape - about 7-1/2" on each side for the deck. You're 6" measurement is about how far the cut path extends past the tires.

/ L3200 Arrived Today #9  
As near as I can tell without someone to hold the other end of the tape - about 7-1/2" on each side for the deck. You're 6" measurement is about how far the cut path extends past the tires.

thanks. Just trying to decide whether to go with a 5' or 6' finishing mower.

/ L3200 Arrived Today #10  
enjoy your new tractor.