L3400 backhoe removal

/ L3400 backhoe removal #1  

AaronS

Platinum Member
Tractor
LS XR4046HC, New Holland Boomer 1020
I apologize if this seems like a newbie question, but as far as backhoes go, that's what I am. I'm looking at a lightly used L3400 that has a backhoe attached. My question is, how easy is it to remove the backhoe to run a tiller or brush hog? I'll be using it for those jobs more than the backhoe itself. How long might it take? Does the subframe interfere with anything? Thanks so much.

/ L3400 backhoe removal #2  
I have an L3130. The backhoe is easy to put on and take off. The 3-point hitch has to be installed to put on any other implements. The 3-point hitch is a little bit of a pain. The whole thing takes less than an hour and 1 beer

/ L3400 backhoe removal #3  
Removing the BH is pretty easy to do, takes 5-10 minutes. Try to remove it on nice solid. level ground and it'll be easier to reattach later. The problem (minor) is that you then have to reattach the 3 point arms and lift arm which takes another 10-15 minutes. I use my BH a lot so I usually leave it on most of the time and only remove it periodically for other attachments (i.e. chipper, brush hog, etc.). If you won't be using the BH much it'll work out easier for you to just store it away somewhere and then you can leave the 3 point arms on and switch between your tiller and hog. Good luck, it'll get easier each time you switch it around.

/ L3400 backhoe removal
Thanks guys I really appreciate it. I just hope I can make a deal with the seller before it's gone.

/ L3400 backhoe removal #5  
Also on YOU-Tube theres various clips on BH removal and attach.

Boone

/ L3400 backhoe removal
Thanks bullbreaker. I checked youtube last night but only found removal videos for the BX, not an L3400. Maybe I tried the wrong tags.