Land Scape Rake?

/ Land Scape Rake? #1  

hks003

Silver Member
Tractor
2014 LS G3038
I recently purchased a 2014 LS G3038 with FEL. I bought it to maintain my 4 acres, 2/3 of which is open grass, but on a hill and pretty bumpy, and the rest is a combination of pine trees and a few hardwoods. The biggest battle I fight is keeping the leaves and limbs picked up to an extent where I can mow with my zero turn (I plan to bush hog the areas that are farther from the house now though). I was hoping the FEL would suffice, but I find myself using it to drag everything in a pile and then still having to pick them up by hand/shovel/rake into the bucket to haul it off. Would a landscape rake benefit me here? I'm tearing my yard up with the bucket (it doesn't help we've not had more that 3-4 days in a row with no rain since November), but I have to get limbs picked up before I can start mowing in the next month or two. I've looked at grapples as well, but that's an expensive endeavor since I'd need a 3rd function as well. Anyone have experience moving small debris with a landscape rake? It's about an acre and a half on a gentle hill that I'd be using it for. Any other attachments that I'm missing that would benefit me more?

Thanks!

/ Land Scape Rake? #2  
I've collect branch/limbs before w/my rake,just go slow and be ready to left rake contact w/root...do you have wheels on the rake?

/ Land Scape Rake?
I don't have a rake yet, I'm still trying to find exactly what I need.

/ Land Scape Rake? #4  
The rake is a pain and you still have to pick branches up at some point. Small branches get wedged between the tines...sometimes get stuck in there tightly. If there is a large area with a lot of smaller branches down, brush hogging is one way to grind them up. If there are not a lot, I wind up picking them up by hand.

I am getting a bolt on grapple this year for my FEL. Ordered the diverter valve last night (<$190) and will order The Thumb The Thumb - Add-on Grapple Attachments

It seems like a cost effective way to handle the larger stuff.

BTW, welcome to TBN!

/ Land Scape Rake? #5  
A rake works ok , for stuff larger than 1-1/2” diameter, you can remove every other tine which helps a bit and go slow. You will disturb the ground and pull out grass so if that’s a issue then I’d stay away from a rake. It’s not going to get the small stuff you’ll still be faster just picking them up by hand.

IMG_3158.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

/ Land Scape Rake? #6  
I recently purchased a 2014 LS G3038 with FEL. I bought it to maintain my 4 acres, 2/3 of which is open grass, but on a hill and pretty bumpy, and the rest is a combination of pine trees and a few hardwoods.

Anyone have experience moving small debris with a landscape rake? It's about an acre and a half on a gentle hill where I will use it.

Any other attachments that I'm missing that would benefit me more?

I was hoping the FEL would suffice, but I find myself using it to drag everything in a pile and then still having to pick them up by hand/shovel/rake into the bucket to haul it off. Would a landscape rake benefit me here?

I have an ETA Landscape Rake and a Ratchet Rake bucket attachment. The Ratchet Rake is so much more versatile, the Landscape Rake mostly sits. The Ratchet Rake is far better at corralling leaves and yard debris and moving piled debris short distances. The Ratchet Rake also grades pretty well, if you are not in a hurry,

I use the Landscape Rake on a 45 degree angle grading rutted dirt roads at a faster clip.

LINK: Ratchet Rake, LLC - All Terrain Rake, Tractor attachment, Bucket attachment, Loader, Skid loader, Kubota, Skid steer, Landscape rake, Brush remover. Tractor rake attachment, Construction attachment, Fire safety, Home fire safety, Fire prevention.

Attachments

• DSC00694.JPG
    DSC00694.JPG
    5.7 MB · Views: 171
  • DSC00661.JPG
    DSC00661.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 163
  • DSC00063.jpg
    DSC00063.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 142
  • DSC00128.jpg
    DSC00128.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 158
  • DSC00129.jpg
    DSC00129.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
   / Land Scape Rake?
I like that look of that Ratchet Rake! The straps don't get in the way?

/ Land Scape Rake? #8  
Last edited:
   / Land Scape Rake? #9  
you might need a pine straw rake- sounds like it might work better for your needs

/ Land Scape Rake? #10  
I thought this was a lawn and garden tractor sub forum? Seems like you are discussing 3-point attachments for a sub compact?