Landscapes

/ Landscapes
Neither of you would want to see me in action then! I didn't shear them, luckily that's a job for the experts. Being left handed means the fleece ends up going halfway out the porthole that the sheep goes out!! So I limit that by calling in the experts and just handle the crutching myself (tidying up the back end).
That little Massey was immaculate. They'd put a euro hitch QA on the loader, converted it to twin crowd cylinders, and plumbed the valve bank to constant flow..addressing the only three problems they had very neatly. Two-pack paint, his son is a car painter so you can imagine the finish! Also under restoration, a Fordson power major, TEA, MF65, Nuffield 465, and a 10/60.
I felt right at home, growing up I drove a nuffy 10/66, a MF174.4, and a Super Major, and the back blade is just like the one we had, too! Minus a bend..
I don't mind poo, but I prefer to see pictures of snowy hills. Get enough poo around here in the winter, hence my blade, need a more effective way to slop out the barn than back dragging with the bucket.

/ Landscapes #82  
Lynn, it's a shame that people have to live in such an ugly environment...... ;)

It's also a shame you don't know how to ride a sled and keep it on the skids..... ;)

Great pics as always. :cool:

/ Landscapes
Great pics Pete!!!! I absolutely love the Masseys!!!! Very well engineered tractors with a lot of subtle features not found on many other brands. That tractor is very well restored for sure!!!

There's another member on here that has a 584 Massey that I "want" also. Financially I hope I don't run across one because I'd be pressured to buy it. I really don't need another tractor, but I really like the Masseys!!!! :)
We ran them exclusively when I was doing my contracting stint and found them to be slowly getting more plasticy, but they were very sparky and fuel efficient. I really quite enjoyed them, until we got a Fendt. That was an eye opener for sure! I would have driven that tractor home and left my truck as part payment have a real soft spot for MF and that one was just beyond beautiful. I will own a little 135 or similar one day. Or an International 574.. or both would be better?

/ Landscapes
Took my wife and big sister for a quick walk to Purakaunui falls today. Sorry have been very slack with photography.. but now have a new phone with an even sharper camera 20170215_124042.jpg20170215_121435.jpg20170215_123324.jpg hopefully they load for you.
Only ten minutes drive and ten minutes walk from home.

/ Landscapes #86  
Took my wife and big sister for a quick walk to Purakaunui falls today. Sorry have been very slack with photography.. but now have a new phone with an even sharper camera View attachment 498791View attachment 498792View attachment 498793 hopefully they load for you.
Only ten minutes drive and ten minutes walk from home.

I especially enjoy comments and photos from members outside the United States showing their equipment and landscapes.

Thanks for your contributions!

/ Landscapes #87  
Few I took..

Attachments

• IMG_0504.jpg
    IMG_0504.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
  • DSC01094.JPG
    DSC01094.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 75
  • 067.JPG
    067.JPG
    877.3 KB · Views: 72
   / Landscapes
Pete,
You live in a beautiful area.
So do you Lynn. I am really truly jealous of your snow, and snow machine. I raced MX for a few years, but only ever rode a sled once. Amazing how they hook up and go!! I have a real hankering to get a good big jetski however. We are just over the hill from a tidal estuary, a 5 minute drive from Surat Bay, and have a lot of small rivers that run through native bush. Would love a way to introduce my boys to the arm stretching thrills of performance toys before too long..

/ Landscapes
I especially enjoy comments and photos from members outside the United States showing their equipment and landscapes.

Thanks for your contributions!
I will use that as a good excuse to spend more time out capturing some more! The camera on this new smartphone is incredible, so I will make the most of summer. It's currently 9.29pm and I'm out checking my lambs on foot, in the twilight. In shorts and singlet.. have just returned from fire training, we got the appliance stuck in a wet area beside the river, so I ran home in firefighting kit and got my tractor and chain to pull it free.. about a mile and a half. I live on the edge of a small town Owaka near the bottom of the South Island of NZ.

/ Landscapes
Few I took..
Wow. Those are real pretty, I am almost always blown away by the scale of your landscapes.. everything looks big BIG when you grow up on an island!! ;)
Big woods big water and big groups of deer, too by your photo.. what type are they? We have a few different breeds here, mainly Red deer and Fallow deer around here. Whitetail on Stewart Island.
the Fallow deer around the local area are a unusual dark strain, like a big dark billygoat almost. Really hard to stalk up on, easier still hunting with a book.