Lawn mower engine size

/ Lawn mower engine size #1  

klc336

Tractor
international b414
Hey guys so I've had a rough run with lawn mowers the past 2 years. And before anyone says it, I don't have the money for a new one. I have a Husqvarna 2654 with a 26hp Kohler courage and 54" deck. The motor blew after sitting in the winter. And my lawn mower guy says he has a 20hp Kohler command v twin he can put on it. What do y'all think? I know the command is supposed to be a good motor and commercial but I'm mainly worried about the HP difference. But he's only charging me 275 and my motor for the new engine and swap.

/ Lawn mower engine size
Also I just looked at the power output and size and it says they are both a 725cc engine??? Anyone have any light to shine on that

/ Lawn mower engine size #3  
The 20hp command will be plenty for that application, also the Command is a much better engine then the Courage so id consider it an upgrade.

Some of the newer high HP ratings or more for keeping up with the competition. Considering my 60in comercial z-turn with a powered collection system is only a 24hp Honda and has no problems running on hills, your lower demand rider won't even notice the lower HP.

/ Lawn mower engine size #4  
Also I just looked at the power output and size and it says they are both a 725cc engine??? Anyone have any light to shine on that
Depend on what RPM they are rated at. That courage might be at a little higher RPM. Agree that the Command is a better engine.

/ Lawn mower engine size #5  
Kohler V twins seem to be oil burners, least the one on my wife's zero turn is... Big puff on every start. Puts me in mind of the Tecumseh oil burners.

/ Lawn mower engine size #6  
Depend on what RPM they are rated at. That courage might be at a little higher RPM. Agree that the Command is a better engine.
They are both rated at 3600, although I trust the Command rating more then the Courage from my experience.

/ Lawn mower engine size #7  
The Command 20 horse uses a CDI fixed ignition, whereas the 26 Courage is a spark advance variable timing ignition system.

/ Lawn mower engine size #8  
I have the same mower e.g. GTH26V52LS with the Kawasaki engine. Good motor, but I have doubts that it puts out 26 useable horsepower.

Although my choice would be Kawasaki, I think you'll be just as happy with the Kohler. The Kohler may not be quite as powerful as the Kawasaki, but it should be just fine.

/ Lawn mower engine size #9  
How about this one,

mower from movie moving.png

GT

:)