Lawn Problem

/ Lawn Problem #1  

BucketHoe

Tractor
Kubota B3030
Hello,

At one time my wife had mixed in with numerous other flowers around the house foundation, some violets. She has since dug the violets out of her flower beds around the house, but now the violets have migrated into the lawn and they are getting worst by the year.

I have tried spraying various products for broadleaf weeds on the violets to get rid of them only to kill the grass around the violets with the violets basically flipping me off and laughing :laughing:as they continue to take over my lawn.

So now I have come to the experts here that I am hoping will be able to tell me what I can use to get rid of these violets and not destroy my lawn.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer.

BucketHoe

/ Lawn Problem #2  
Not all violets are desired, and wild violets are considered weeds in North American lawns by some people. Others tolerate or welcome the presence of violets in lawns. Wild violets are regarded as a problem in shady fescue lawns in North America. Violets thrive in the part/full shade and are not susceptible to most herbicides used to kill common lawn weeds. Triclopyr, a weedkiller, has been found to be an effective method of controlling wild violets in fescue lawns.
[edit]Other uses

:)

/ Lawn Problem
Egon,

Thanks for the information. I will get some Triclopyr and give it a try.

BucketHoe

/ Lawn Problem #5  
I always thought it was Wikipedia:confused2:

/ Lawn Problem #6  
various products for broadleaf weeds on the violets to get rid of them only to kill the grass

Just an observation -
If you are killing the grass, are you truly using only a broadleaf herbicide
and at the recommended rate? This should not happen unless it is a
newly seeded lawn or some other unforseen circumstance has come
into play.