Leaks, leaks and more leaks.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #32  
That will work as well as long as the tape is rated for oils/fuels it should be fine on those fittings. But generally with compression fittings you need to avoid over tightening as it can produce leaks as well.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #33  
Learn something everyday.

I've used both the standard white tape and the plumbing commercial grade pink . . But I've never used yellow or blue. For sensitive

By the way . . Clearing old tape out of threads goes well with an old toothbrush and an aged white toorhpaste (whitening versions) . . but no gel formulas. The whitening white pastes have a very very fine grit past in them that lifts the tape off without scratching or pitting the thread areas. Also extremely easy to rinse off if needed with shreds of tape carried away. And . . . ir makes iteasy to clean/clear the female threads as well as male threads.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #36  
I use Loctite 5452 thread locker on hydraulic threads.

That's what we used at work as they outlawed the use of any tape. It don't take much tape to damage expensive hydraulics.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #37  
That's what we used at work as they outlawed the use of any tape. It don't take much tape to damage expensive hydraulics.

I'll give that a shot next time.... But does it come off easily when you need to redo a connection?

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks. #38  
With nine hours on the machine I would get the dealer to fix it. If to far away at least reimburse you for the parts and some labor.
I have a 12 year old machine and the hoses do not leak. Quick connects do not leak under pressure or when disconnected. A little drains out from the disconnect process as the plunger is open for a brief moment.

I would not use tape on the threads. It gets squeezed out during tightening and could make its way into the system. Threadlock is the better way to seal the joints.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks.
Gentlemen im not using tape or anything of that matter.

I posted the video so let me know what you guys think. Im pretty sure i need new lines.

Also while looking around on the lines I found some tape to the left of the coupler on the female side. Do these come from the factory taped already? Since you guys are all talking about tape being bad and stuff.

Dealership is about 1hr 15 minute away. I have to rent a trailer to bring them the tractor no biggie. But i never had luck with any car dealer in the past, so hopefully my luck with tractors will be different. I have not contacted them yet as i wanted to ask you guys first and get somewhat educated on these problems. I also know that the dealers read these forums and to use this thread to educate the also. I dont know if this a well known problem(factory recall) or if i got the unit made friday as some will say.

Anyways please check my videos links up above and let me know what you think.

/ Leaks, leaks and more leaks.
Gentlemen im not using tape or anything of that matter.

I posted the video so let me know what you guys think. Im pretty sure i need new lines.

Also while looking around on the lines I found some tape to the left of the coupler on the female side. Do these come from the factory taped already? Since you guys are all talking about tape being bad and stuff.

Dealership is about 1hr 15 minute away. I have to rent a trailer to bring them the tractor no biggie. But i never had luck with any car dealer in the past, so hopefully my luck with tractors will be different. I have not contacted them yet as i wanted to ask you guys first and get somewhat educated on these problems. I also know that the dealers read these forums and to use this thread to educate the also. I dont know if this a well known problem(factory recall) or if i got the unit made friday as some will say.

Anyways please check my videos links and let me know what you think.

The videos

http://youtu.be/pwDuKahqxd4

http://youtu.be/jUNhSitHypE