LEATHERMAN tools

/ LEATHERMAN tools #31  
My wife saw me taking pictures of the Schrade and asked why. I told her why, she went out to her truck and brought in her Swiss Tool and said to post it.

So here it is:
20220709_144543.jpg
20220709_144659.jpg
20220709_144806.jpg
20220709_144847.jpg
20220709_145321.jpg

/ LEATHERMAN tools #32  
Go big or go home. Surge is their biggest. It works WELL. Pocket clip makes it almost unnoticeable even as heavy as it is.

image.jpg

Carry it and use it daily!

/ LEATHERMAN tools #33  
Another vote on the Wave. Got mine last year and it is a nice time saver from having to walk to the tool box for simple stuff. Main uses are the knife, pliers and screwdriver on occasion. Should have done that years ago.

/ LEATHERMAN tools
I like the pliers on the leatherman tool. Screwdrivers, knife, and saw blade. It is a handy tool when you’re doing chores outside or away from home and just have a minor use need for one of those tools. They’re also real handy for a fishing tackle box.
that said, I should buy 2 :)

xfaxman - good wifey, thanks for sharing photos

lots to think about, this is going to be fun

Last edited:
   / LEATHERMAN tools #35  
Well I just went a checked; I knew that it's a Gerber but there's no model/type stamped on it. I've had it for years and it's in a brown, tooled, leather pouch that is always on my work-pants belt. Over the years I reckon that I've had occasion to use every tool that's incorporated, but mostly the knife and the pliers.

It's one of those "I'm glad I have it when I need it" sort of tools.

/ LEATHERMAN tools #36  
Wave since it was first introduced. Handy sucker and it’s always on my belt. Loved the smooth edges. From time to time, I’d browse the display cabinet at the local stores to see what’s new and each time, the Wave just continues to grow to be a classic.

/ LEATHERMAN tools #39  
I'll second /pine on the Squirt P4. Fits in the watch pocket of my jeans, can take it everywhere except on an airplane. The small screwdriver is so useful, even good for screws on eyeglasses.
The pliers are very handy but fragile.
To bad Leatherman quit making them. The PS4 does not have the small screwdriver, I have no use for those. I stocked up on P4s on gummint auctions, confiscated from travelers.

For my big multitool needs, the SOG Powerlock fills the bill. It's pliers have gear reduction to multiply the force they can grip with. Puts the rest to shame.

20220710_131343.jpg

/ LEATHERMAN tools #40  
after 40 years I final had to retire my first one. Always had it on my belt. Even took it on business trips around the world.
the pliers got a bit too wanky. The new one has a lot more tools and locks the tools in position, so a major upgrade from basic model.

I used to carry a Buck 110 but it was redundant with Leatherman knife, so I stopped lugging it around. A long while I also had a 6 inch adjustable wrench in my pocket. That with the pliers stopped making trips back to the garage