Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast!

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #131  
If you ever think you might need it, put a 2 inch hitch receiver in there in the back too. I use mine once in a while and I am glad I did. I use it for a sprayer, but you can put anything in it including a hitch ball. to quickly move a trailer or whatever you mind can think up.

Definitely some sort of attachment point on rear of BB....

Dale

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #132  
I did not get a pic of it but it does have a 2 inch receiver in the rear.

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #133  
IMG_1444.JPG
This was an old safe I had laying around weighs about 800lbs empty 1” steel on all 5 sides

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #134  
If you have a mother in law handy you could keep your three point available for implements.

IMG_0593.JPG

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #135  
Off to the Concrete Plant to get it filled. Will attach pic when complete. Funny thing , did not relish the idea of buying 10-12 bags of Sakrete at $4-$5 per bag. Really did not relish mixing it up and
pouring it , too much work and its hot here. So I stop by the Concrete Plant just to inquire if they will fill it , how many $ , etc. Turns out the man that runs the plant grew up on the farm next to me.
He has been with the Company 38 years. He said he would fill for free. I dropped it off today. Good Deal.

HPIM2387.JPG

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #136  
That is a good deal.
My 30 gallon barrel took almost 10 60lb bags to fill. I cheated and rented a small cement mixer from Home depot.
Made things much easier
Off to the Concrete Plant to get it filled. Will attach pic when complete. Funny thing , did not relish the idea of buying 10-12 bags of Sakrete at $4-$5 per bag. Really did not relish mixing it up and
pouring it , too much work and its hot here. So I stop by the Concrete Plant just to inquire if they will fill it , how many $ , etc. Turns out the man that runs the plant grew up on the farm next to me.
He has been with the Company 38 years. He said he would fill for free. I dropped it off today. Good Deal.

View attachment 619753
20190616_180655.jpeg20190616_180706.jpeg20190616_180658.jpeg

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #138  
Got it back from the Concrete Plant and out of the truck
HPIM2388.JPG

Had it figured to weigh at 1160 lbs ,, Its 1300 lbs.
HPIM2390.JPG

Now what Color ? Im a primary color kind of guy , always did better with a box of 8 crayons instead of 164 in Elementary school.
HPIM2392.JPG

Word to the wise - If you take yours to the concrete plant to fill , go ahead and put some caps on your PVC tubes , and tape over
chainsaw scabbard. Ol Billy Joe Bob at the plant sloshed concrete in one of my tubes so the drain is plugged up , not the end of the world but I
would have preferred it not get plugged. Oh Well they filled it for free so I suppose Im ahead dollars.

Attachments

• HPIM2388.JPG
    HPIM2388.JPG
    826 KB · Views: 294
   / Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #139  
That looks great. Yes, I capped my tubes before heading to the concrete place. You can simply keep that tube capped when not in use.

I like the handles on the side to make it "easy" to lift ;-)). Are you happy with the weight on the tractor. As for color, post a photo once you decide. Mine will winter as dull concrete.

/ Let's see some homemade 3 point ballast! #140  
The concrete block I use is 17" X 17" X 20", about 500#

It has a loop of steel in the back for pulling on stuff.

I was moving a few big maple rounds from a wind fall out of the woods the other day. Using the front bucket had the left rear wheel off the ground! I was scared! I went and put the weight on. What a difference! Having that block of rocks behind me made the entire world a better place to be in.

I would have taken some pictures, buy I had some under garments that needed washing......