Flail Mower Let's talk flail mowers

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,032  
Just wanted to let everyone here know some good news: Flailmaster is back in business! I was always my favorite place for mower parts. I was disappointed when I saw they were closing down, but I just saw that they are once again open!

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,033  
Just wanted to let everyone here know some good news: Flailmaster is back in business! I was always my favorite place for mower parts. I was disappointed when I saw they were closing down, but I just saw that they are once again open!
Yes, great to hear they are back. I drive past their location in my daily commute. Stocked up on several years worth of flail blades and sttaps during their closure sale, but now need some greasable bearing housings for my JD mowers. Will call today

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,036  
This my new flail mower, an AG-140. 54" cut, hydraulic side shift, 24 800g hammers. It strains the CK2610 a bit on startup, and I have to go slow in the thick stuff, but I am glad I went with the heavy duty version. I have "plowed" some not so flat areas, and while I have no rocks on the property, the hammers don't even look like they have been used.

At 705lbs she also makes for nice ballast :) 20210408_175715.jpg

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,037  
Hello Mangler,

I want to welcome you as the newest resident member of the "Flail Mower Nations"
from the province of Ontario, Canada.

Happy mowing.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,038  
I found a ford 907 flail 6' wide for 150 bucks. Seller says it needs a bearing and the belt is a little worn. Looks to be complete except for one of the knife assemblies. Its rusty so would need a good cleaning and paint job or minor restoration. Worth picking up? Its been for sale for a long time so I think i could snag it for under a hundred.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,039  
If you have the time and tools to work on it you will be fine with a great flail mower.
I believe you can still obtain parts and manuals from messicks for it.

/ Let's talk flail mowers #7,040  
I found a ford 907 flail 6' wide for 150 bucks. Seller says it needs a bearing and the belt is a little worn. Looks to be complete except for one of the knife assemblies. Its rusty so would need a good cleaning and paint job or minor restoration. Worth picking up? Its been for sale for a long time so I think i could snag it for under a hundred.
That's a good price, even if it does need bearings. Make sure the rotor isn't bent and the roller is somewhat straight.