Let's talk mattresses!

/ Let's talk mattresses! #1  

Pixguy

Elite Member
Tractor
2011 MF 2410 TLB
Our pillow top orthepedic mattress that was $1600 15 years ago needs replacing. Please tell me about your experience with the Purple brand and the like. I can get warm and wake up hot and some sweat so I'm not wanting a foam mattress that cannot be cleaned. There are others I've layed on like Tuft and Needle but I've never spent a night on it.

Bad back and side sleeper.
What say you?

/ Let's talk mattresses! #2  
I was just about to start this topic a day or 2 ago... we are in desperate need of a new bed

I also have a bad back, and sleep on my side. Good call Pixguy

/ Let's talk mattresses! #3  
We bought a pillow top several years ago. They are not like they were 15 years ago. Has helped my back some.

They tried to sell us on one of those adjustable ones that move like a hospital bed. What do you do on a long weekend at 2 a.m. when the thing breaks down?

/ Let's talk mattresses! #4  
Finding a mattress that fits YOU is very difficult. What works for one, doesn't work for the next.
When we had a sleep number bed, I was on 80 and my wife was on 25.

IF this doesn't help you, then maybe someone else, but I cook like a toaster oven at night but we found that a foam mattress was the best answer for us both.
I use a top sheet and ceiling fan in the summer and it works fine. Washable mattress covers keep it clean.

Amazon had them with a 100%, 90-day return on them so it was a no-brainer for us after using one in the RV.
Be forewarned, that warranty is most likely seldom used because there is NO WAY to stuff that sucker back into the original packaging.

Happy hunting and hope you find something you like.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #5  
We bought a pillow top several years ago. They are not like they were 15 years ago. Has helped my back some.

They tried to sell us on one of those adjustable ones that move like a hospital bed. What do you do on a long weekend at 2 a.m. when the thing breaks down?
Never thought of that. Good point.

Also, since I'm a side sleeper, would I ever use those features? I don't like sleeping in a recliner chair very long. I mean, I can fall asleep in one while a ball game is on or something, but I can't spend a night in one. I have to sleep on my sides or my stomach. Always have.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #6  
In all seriousness, we've had a full wave waterbed since the early 80's. It's not what the OP is looking for, so I'll not go further than saying it works well for us.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #8  

Bought motorized frame at Menards, Sealy I think, has box w/2 9v batteries to lower it. Wireless radio control. Using regular Purple mattress. The 2,3 or 4 maybe comfier. Power failure only reason didn't go for air adjustable select comfort mattress.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #9  
Bought motorized frame at Menards, Sealy I think, has box w/2 9v batteries to lower it. Wireless radio control. Using regular Purple mattress. The 2,3 or 4 maybe comfier. Power failure only reason didn't go for air adjustable select comfort mattress.
why would u be adjusting your air level every night? we have a sleep number, it works well for us

/ Let's talk mattresses! #10  
I was looking into the Purple mattress also. Would like something that will keep me cooler when I sleep. Already have the adjustable frame to support whichever way I go. Picking one out and pulling the trigger is still a tough decision.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

Mahindra Mforce 105P Farm Tractor (A34302)
Mahindra Mforce...
2021 CASE 110U Farmall MFWD Tractor with L103 Loader (A34573)
2021 CASE 110U...
2014 CAT CT660s 1/2 Round Dump Truck (A34033)
2014 CAT CT660s...
2016 Caterpillar 279D Track Loader (A33783)
2016 Caterpillar...
CREAM CAN... (A34808)
CREAM CAN... (A34808)
JOHN DEERE DRA 12' GRAIN DRILL, S/N 64082 (A34808)
JOHN DEERE DRA 12'...