Let's talk mattresses!

/ Let's talk mattresses! #11  
In all seriousness, we've had a full wave waterbed since the early 80's. It's not what the OP is looking for, so I'll not go further than saying it works well for us.
We got rid of our waterbed years ago because of the extra labor putting it back together after a move. I think I’m going to look into purchasing another one. I miss the comfort of temperature control. now I wake up with pins and needles in my hand or I’m awakened by muscle cramps. Good post.

Last edited:
   / Let's talk mattresses! #12  
serta hybrid I comfort with the added super cool package. Has traditional box spring and foam top.

Fantastic...

/ Let's talk mattresses! #13  
have a bad back as well. have had a waterbed since 1970.
cant ever remember having a bad nights sleep because of the bed. just the opposite

/ Let's talk mattresses! #14  
I have a purple in my rv at my mountain property. As soon as the wife will let me, I'm getting one for the main house as well. I slept like a roasting pig, sweating like crazy untill I got the purple. Now I hate sleeping on anything else. Best night sleep I've EVER had.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #15  
We have the Purple Hybrid 2 for about a year now. It is firm but at the same time soft. We had a hard time choosing between the Hybrid 2 and 3 models.

Much cooler and I love this mattress.

Also - The Purple Sheets are my new favorite!

I also have a bad back and side sleeper. I no longer have much of a sweating problem with the Purple.

I do not like the Purple Pillow but the wife does.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #16  
why would u be adjusting your air level every night? we have a sleep number, it works well for us
Assume it will lose some air and control system will adjust pressure. What happens in an ice storm and power is out a week or so. Seen it - survived it, things happen.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #18  
I have no experience with the Purple mattress, but I'm quite happy with our sleep number bed. I had chronic lower back issues, and traditional mattress would sag over time and exasperate the issue.

I've been much better with the sleep number.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #19  
I too am a side sleeper, I slept on a sleep number mattress for a month at a friends house. Once I had the setting where I wanted it, it held the pressure there and never readjusted. I prefer my memory foam mattress to the sleep number mattress. If the Purple mattress really sleeps cooler, my wife would love it as she roasts under just a sheet, while I have a blanket and a quilt on me. I will keep and eye on this thread.

/ Let's talk mattresses!
The Purple memory foam concerns me that it will stay firm like I need it as well as firm along the edges if we sit on it so we are strongly considering the Tuft and Needle King Nod on Amazon. It is a hybrid with foam and spring coils and coils along the edge if I want to put my socks on while sitting. $800