Let's talk mattresses!

/ Let's talk mattresses! #21  
We bought the Saatva split King with adjustable frame. I have huge back issues and love this mattress set.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #22  
I have no idea what a "Purple" mattress is. I have had a "Tempur" memory foam mattress for the last 15 years and have always received a wonderful night's sleep. It continues to perform.

It's just the queen-sized mattress on a slat frame.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #23  
The Purple memory foam concerns me that it will stay firm like I need it as well as firm along the edges if we sit on it so we are strongly considering the Tuft and Needle King Nod on Amazon. It is a hybrid with foam and spring coils and coils along the edge if I want to put my socks on while sitting. $800

The edges are a little soft but I do sit and get dressed daily.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #24  
I have no idea what a "Purple" mattress is. I have had a "Tempur" memory foam mattress for the last 15 years and have always received a wonderful night's sleep. It continues to perform.

It's just the queen-sized mattress on a slat frame.
It's the latest rage in mattresses...

/ Let's talk mattresses! #25  

Attachments

• F62229D3-0575-42C7-B74B-01324CC248C4.jpeg
    F62229D3-0575-42C7-B74B-01324CC248C4.jpeg
    209.3 KB · Views: 56
   / Let's talk mattresses! #27  
why would u be adjusting your air level every night? we have a sleep number, it works well for us
Because the End Of Life of a Sleep Number bed is when it has to be re-inflated every night.

I got tired of it. Repaired a couple times in 8 years. Went shopping pre-Covid just before the insanity started. Layed on a lot of mattresses. Bought a Sealy extra firm for about 1/3rd what I paid for the Sleep Number 8 years prior. Loved the Sleep Number first couple years, then started not to. Pretty happy with the Sealy.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #28  
sleep numbers, do not re-adjust, at least mine doesn't
They can not because you have to be in The Standard Position when the "number" is set. If not on the bed at all then inflate to your "number" then get on the bed it will be pegged at 100 but actual inflation much greater than that.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #29  
Here is a link to a site that is the best I have found for unbiased mattress info on the "Bed In A Box" sellers like Purple and the major manufacturers like Serta, Temperpedic, etc.: Welcome I rebuilt a Serta mattress that had deteriorated to the point of being unusable in two years using materials and information from a supplier sponsor on the website. It will take some time to go through all the info presented, but will pay off in a better night's sleep.

/ Let's talk mattresses! #30  
have a bad back as well. have had a waterbed since 1970.
cant ever remember having a bad nights sleep because of the bed. just the opposite
Had a GF that had a waterbed many years ago (90s), I never slept well on it. Too much motion and it didn't feel like it had any support. Plus it always seemed to be developing pinhole leaks. As I recall the electricity use for the heater was not trivial.
We've got some no-name foam mattress now (not memory) and it's fine. As far as one that's "warmer" or "cooler"...I don't think that would work for us. I only need one summer-weight blanket even in the dead of winter while my wife has multiple blankets on her side even in warm weather. No matter which kind we got it'll make things worse for one of us.