Loader Valve Recommendations?

/ Loader Valve Recommendations? #1  

K5lwq

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK2554, Branson 4815C, Satoh Beaver, Speedex
I have a 3 spool Youli MB3 valve and would like to replace it. My system has a 10 GPM pump and would like to keep in that range for the valve flow rate.

Issues are there is no load checks in the valve and the valve body has a flaw that will not send full flow to the first spool. Instead it blows over the relief valve.

I have just been dealing with these issues, but really want to correct them now.

I would like a 3 spool, 10 to 14 GPM valve with float on the first spool. Need load checks on the first two spools as well. The third spool should be spring to center. I would like the joystick on the first two spools as well. It also needs to be a power beyond valve.

Any suggestions as to which valve I should get? Or, is this as good as it gets?

Here is my current setup. I do like the size of this valve as it fits within the footprint of the tractor.

attachment.php

Attachments

• tempandvalve.jpg
    tempandvalve.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 940
   / Loader Valve Recommendations? #2  
Bucher hydraulics HDM11 series valves have three spool monoblock valves. I think they have all of the features that you are looking for.
Monoblock directional valves HDM

/ Loader Valve Recommendations? #3  
What's the valve (flow?) external to the left spool?

/ Loader Valve Recommendations?
Bucher hydraulics HDM11 series valves have three spool monoblock valves. I think they have all of the features that you are looking for.
Monoblock directional valves HDM

I think you are correct. I will do some research to see where I might buy from and hopefully can talk to a rep. Thank you so much for the info!

What's the valve (flow?) external to the left spool?

Because of the first spool having the issue when lowering the boom, it made it all most impossible to set a pallet down gently. No feathering at all. That flow meter is on the return line when lowering so I can slow it down when needed. It helps a lot but still don't like I have to adjust it for what I am doing.

Other than this, and no load checks, it is a pretty good valve. Youli has no intentions of redesigning the valve block to correct the issue even though they are fully aware of the problem. The vast majority of their customers don't care because feathering is not an issue. They want all or nothing for their applications. At least this is what I was told. :confused:

/ Loader Valve Recommendations? #6  
Issues are.... the valve body has a flaw that will not send full flow to the first spool. Instead it blows over the relief valve.
What is the model number of the flow control valve, it's difficult to tell it's size from your pic, could it be under rated for your pump flow in bypass mode? If it's a STUF-380 it's only rated at 30l/m maximum and your pump is 38l/m.

What is the model number of the flow control valve, it's difficult to tell it's size from your pic, could it be under rated for your pump flow in bypass mode? If it's a STUF-380 it's only rated at 30l/m maximum and your pump is 38l/m.

I don't know the model number off hand. However, the flow valve was added after the valve body was proven to have the defect. When I ordered the new valve from my local hydraulic supply house, they liked the set up and ordered two. One for me and one for their floor. When I installed and realized it was a problem, I took the valve back to them to test. On the test bench, we were able to duplicate the issue. We then tested the one they ordered for the floor, we got the same results. When activating the first spool, it will blow over the relief valve. Even with nothing attached, it will do the same thing as it is an internal issue.

We also tried replacing the spool and again, it would blow over relief. It only does it on the first spool and only in one direction.

We then contacted Youli USA, and they were not aware of an issue so they contacted the factory. The factory told them that they have had a few complaints and found the flaw to be in the valve body. However, because of how few complaints they had, they decided not to correct the problem.

My hydraulic man offered to give me a full refund, but I felt like it was not his fault and didn't want him to lose money on the deal. He understands that the valve has no feathering on that spool and gave me the flow valve at no charge to help with control. That allows me the ability to slow it to a crawl if I need to when using my forks.

The flow valve is working as designed with no issues.

I have just decided to look for a different valve because it drives me nuts everytime I lower the loader. To me, it is not good for the system and a waste of energy. It takes more effort for the system to lower than lift a heavy load with gravity on it's side.

We also thought the valve would have load checks but apparently you can't get a 4th position float in the valve body that has checks. Just not a good loader valve.

Thanks for the help!

/ Loader Valve Recommendations? #8  
We also thought the valve would have load checks but apparently you can't get a 4th position float in the valve body that has checks. Just not a good loader valve.

Thanks for the help!

Well, having check valves there just kinda defeats the purpose of the float function doesn't it? Check valves need pressure coming from the pump to open. If it opened with cylinder pressure, let's say with an heavy load on the loader, it would be useless anyway. I'm might be wrong tho.

/ Loader Valve Recommendations? #9  
Load checks Vs work port checks

Load checks are in the pressure port feeding the spool valve. On open center system the pump pressure is minimal so this check prevents flow from flowing out of the cylinders into the pressure port from load induced pressure. These have no effect on float features.

Work port checks are in the work ports. On some valves these are mechanically operated by the spool movement and on others they are pilot operated. Depending on the style these do not allow float feature.

Load checks Vs work port checks

Load checks are in the pressure port feeding the spool valve. On open center system the pump pressure is minimal so this check prevents flow from flowing out of the cylinders into the pressure port from load induced pressure. These have no effect on float features.

Work port checks are in the work ports. On some valves these are mechanically operated by the spool movement and on others they are pilot operated. Depending on the style these do not allow float feature.

This was my understanding as well. Now the challenge is sourcing the proper valve. I did some research on Bucher valves and not sure yet if I can get the correct orientation valve with a joystick. I will have to call to find out the answer to that question. From reading their website, it doesn't look promising. Hopefully I can find time tomorrow to give them a call.

Any suggestions on a good Bucher dealer?