Loader won't work in sub freezing temps

/ Loader won't work in sub freezing temps #1  

nhken

Tractor
new holland tc-30 hst
I'm having an ongoing problem with my loader not working in sub zero temps,hydrostatic works fine,3 pt works fine. I've heated up the control valve,the diverter/pressure block.
It appears that my problem is from the diverter ,which is where the acc. ports are located,to the loader controller,the only thing in between are the quick dis-connects.
I've contacted New Holland and they came back with the obvious,enough fluids,replace filters,etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Ken. kennethbegg@gmail.com

/ Loader won't work in sub freezing temps #2  
Check your hyd system for water.

Do a crackle test.

If your tractor is an open center hyd system, the fluid is flowing through all valves continuously.

If your loader spool does not move, I would remove the cans on the bottom of the valve and inspect, clean, and lube with waterproof grease, and make sure the drain hole is on the bottom so any moisture can drain.

Change to a better fluid for your climate.

/ Loader won't work in sub freezing temps #3  
I'm having an ongoing problem with my loader not working in sub zero temps,hydrostatic works fine,3 pt works fine. I've heated up the control valve,the diverter/pressure block.
It appears that my problem is from the diverter ,which is where the acc. ports are located,to the loader controller,the only thing in between are the quick dis-connects.
I've contacted New Holland and they came back with the obvious,enough fluids,replace filters,etc. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, Ken. kennethbegg@gmail.com
Perhaps the diverter gets sluggish and wont switch to assume a new flow state when very cold. Can you hear it operate with the engine off? Warm it with hot water. Any difference?
larry

/ Loader won't work in sub freezing temps #4  
If your 3PH works, then the diverter is fine. The diverter just sends full pressure/flow to the loader's joystick valve(s). That fluid exits the loader valve on the PB line and then goes to the 3PH and/or remote hydraulic valves. If the 3PH is working, then fluid must be flowing into and out of the loader valves.

As JJ mentioned, water is your most likely culprit. I'd look at all the low bends in hoses and even see if I could carefully heat the cylinders. A jet heater would be ideal, but also expensive for this single job. Somewhere water is trapped and frozen, blocking flow to the loader. All low hanging loops or the hyd cylinders are suspect.

174338_400x400.jpg

/ Loader won't work in sub freezing temps #5  
Perhaps the diverter gets sluggish and wont switch to assume a new flow state when very cold. Can you hear it operate with the engine off? Warm it with hot water. Any difference?
larry

Larry, on a New Holland, the diverter is a manually operated valve that supplies fluid to a loader if installed. When not installed, the valve is manually rotated so that flow goes directly to the 3PH and remotes. It's not a flow splitter type valve and is not electrically operated like many 3rd function valves.:)

/ Loader won't work in sub freezing temps
If your 3PH works, then the diverter is fine. The diverter just sends full pressure/flow to the loader's joystick valve(s). That fluid exits the loader valve on the PB line and then goes to the 3PH and/or remote hydraulic valves. If the 3PH is working, then fluid must be flowing into and out of the loader valves.

As JJ mentioned, water is your most likely culprit. I'd look at all the low bends in hoses and even see if I could carefully heat the cylinders. A jet heater would be ideal, but also expensive for this single job. Somewhere water is trapped and frozen, blocking flow to the loader. All low hanging loops or the hyd cylinders are suspect.

View attachment 351476

One thing I forgot to mention,the loader will go down and the bucket will roll down, this tells me,I think,that the lines to and from the cylinders are clear,allowing fluid to travel from one side of the
cylinders to the otherside,thanks to everyone who's taken the time to help me with this, Ken

/ Loader won't work in sub freezing temps #7  
Re-set all the QD's on the loader