Logging winch build

/ Logging winch build #21  
Keeping it hydraulic motor operated is much safer, because your hydraulic system already has a relief valve which means theres an overload protection, saving you from snapping a winch line or toppling your tractor.

And even if you do go mechanical, i'd use a V belt instead of a chain so you have at least some crude form of overload protection, if you dont tighten the spanner wheel too tight.

/ Logging winch build #22  
I have a spare winch that I was going to mount on a 3-pt frame/blade type set-up. I have a very heavy 5 speed truck transmission to go ahead of the winch so I can have power reverse. A winch without power reverse is useless besides being a good way to kill somebody! Be careful with these things guys!!!
Please explain the need for "power reverse"..... In all the scenarios I have been involved in power reverse usually mean, winch cable is tangled beyond hope, if winch line will not free wheel out by human power you have problem with winch.... Of course this is related to dragging, not lifting/lowering....