Look at this old T5 from the mid 1970s, I just purchased... I have a quick question

/ Look at this old T5 from the mid 1970s, I just purchased... I have a quick question
Your filter is a lot smaller than mine. The PH47 would be a crossover for my Wix 51759 with 1 1/2-16 thread. The crossover for the Baldwin BT111 is Fram PH8A with3/4-16 thread. Got this off the Fram website.

The PH8A seems to be labeled as only a oil filter and not a dual oil/hydraulic filter.

I would guess that using the incorrect filter { even if it threads on properly} is not wise due to GPM fluid ability/capacity, micron filtering sizes along with bypass ability if the filter became clogged with debris/particles.

The Baldwin BT111 that is currently on my machine, does screw on properly and it does not leak at all...but it is much taller then the other filters that have been recommeened to me on this thread.

I would hope to find the proper hydraulic filter for this old machine and the Vickers hydraulic pump that is on it.

This is the filter currently on it...but I doubt it is the correct one, even though it fits the pump and is only labeled as a hydraulic filter and not a dual acting motor oil/hydraulic filter. I also think that that some hydraulic filters differ from motor oil filters in that they do not have the by pass feature if the filter gets to be to clogged with contaminents. filter1.jpg

/ Look at this old T5 from the mid 1970s, I just purchased... I have a quick question
Here is the BALDWIN BT111 mounted on my machine...I would say it is about 2x taller then a normal car oil filter...
It does not have any writing / markings on it that indicates if it is a oil filter or hydraulic filter. filter3.jpg

/ Look at this old T5 from the mid 1970s, I just purchased... I have a quick question #23  
On the Baldwin site it is called a lube filter. But if you Google it you will find different sellers calling it a lube filter and others calling it a hydraulic filter. I would email Baldwin and ask them directly. Explain that it's a hydraulic system using motor oil. Let us know what they say.

/ Look at this old T5 from the mid 1970s, I just purchased... I have a quick question #24  
Look at Napa # 1551-1259
Wix # 51551
Baldwin BT-839-10

These are some numbers from my notes for use on my machines.

I emailed Baldwin CORP....waiting on a reply. FWIW...the local auto shop was able to find a in stock STP filter which corssed over from the BALDWIN BT111 that was currently on my 1970s terramite...and the STP filter did fit properly , so im just using that for now .

/ Look at this old T5 from the mid 1970s, I just purchased... I have a quick question #26  
I did some poking around on The Wix site and found the lookup by size. The Wix 51545 dimensions are the same as the Baldwin BT111 (thread, gasket size and overall size) and it's listed as a lube/hydraulic filter. Maybe this will help.

/ Look at this old T5 from the mid 1970s, I just purchased... I have a quick question #27  
I crossed the Wix 51545 over to a Baldwin B252 which is listed as fitting an Allison transmission. I keep mentioning Wix because they have a good reputation for making a quality filter. STP and other brands like that are made by another company with more attention to price than anything. I think I would run a couple of cheap filters a few hours each to clean up the system then change to a quality filter and call it good.

I crossed the Wix 51545 over to a Baldwin B252 which is listed as fitting an Allison transmission. I keep mentioning Wix because they have a good reputation for making a quality filter. STP and other brands like that are made by another company with more attention to price than anything. I think I would run a couple of cheap filters a few hours each to clean up the system then change to a quality filter and call it good.

Appreciate your replies....That is a god idea...run the cheap STP $4.99 filter for about 30 hours to filter out any possible leftover debris from the hydraulic cylinder seals that broke apart , then put on a WIX 51545 which is a crossover to the BALDWIN BT111 that was on it when I purchased the machine ?

/ Look at this old T5 from the mid 1970s, I just purchased... I have a quick question #29  
That's the idea. Although I would probably run the STP 2 or 3 hours then cut it open and see how much crud is in there. If it's pretty clean go ahead with the good filter, if not repeat with the cheap filter until it cleans up.