Looking for Advice

/ Looking for Advice #11  
If you can, look at the Deere 4210-4310. My wife and daughters share mine (theirs!) and it is a great fit for all of us. I pull a 6' cutter and it is a real workhorse...

I think that at least you need to be in the CUTs and not the subCUTS...

/ Looking for Advice
I appreciate the info on the deere, but I found it to be pricy in comparison to all of the others. Maybe it was just the dealer that I visited.

Is there a place to find MSRP? I do not believe that it is on the website.

/ Looking for Advice
ROckyridge:

I see you are from Pittsburgh originally. That is where I am looking. I do not know how long you have been gone, but do you know any dealers in the area that are reputable?

/ Looking for Advice #14  
NO! I have been away too long!

I found my dealer using the dealer locator on Deere's web site. I sent out email price solicitations, and this dealer was significantly lower than the others.

There is also JD Equipment in London OH/ They always get high marks, though I think owners are best served dealing locally...

I will pm another member (timb) who is in SW PA, he was able to do welll locally.

/ Looking for Advice #15  
The B7800 is a great machine for mowing. A 6' hog would be on the large size for the B7800.
The 6' MMM is a great attachment for the Wife and MIL to operate. You may be missing some trees and shrubs after they use a RFM. Whether you get a MMM or RFM consider the 6' it will get the job done sooner.

/ Looking for Advice #16  
Kozmo38 -

I got Mike's note - I hadn't spotted this thread yet. Welcome to TBN. There's actually a good number of TBN'rs from western PA here.

I bought my Deere thru Lone Maple out in New Alexandria (on 119 just south of 22). The price was decent if not spectacularly low at first glance (nearly exactly 15% off list before any rebates) but - there were 'hidden' benefits - example this dealer picks up and drops off free for the first year if you have warranty work, the charges for the options I had installed (don't believe there was any additional labor fee beyond the basic tractor setup fee) - little things like that. Plus I thought they seemed to be pretty good guys to deal with. They went to fairly extreme measures to come up with the tractor I wanted. (They had to get it in from Vermont as Deere had already stopped production of the 4710's at that point) They had it in and were installing the options I wanted before I actually signed anything - just a handshake.

They also took the time to go over things pre and post delivery, etc.,. I haven't had nearly enough opportunity to put hours on yet but I haven't found a single thing that was not set up, adjusted, or done correctly. Also haven't had any warranty or other issues yet so can't say how followup will be but so far I'd give them a definite thumbs up. Ask for Pat.

Even got plenty of hats. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif And today my 'Owner's Edition' hat showed up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Looking for Advice #17  
I echo the statement that you should stay cut and not sub-cut. I would cross the TZ off the list. Check the NH TC24 or the Case version. It's a more modern machine than the TC30 with features that are more user friendly for the mother-in-law. Definately go Hydro. I just bought a B2410, so I obviously like orange, but I think the loader on the TC24 is better designed. I spent a year with the Deere 4200 (predecessor to the 4210) and loved it. I think I would look at B-series (7800/2910/2410 etc) , Deere 4415 or 4210 or TC24. I have no experience with the other brands, so I can't comment on them.

You and your wife should drive them all and see which is more comfortable for you. Meet the dealers and their service staff. Make a decision based on both considerations.

Good luck, I'm sure you will be happy with whatever you choose.

/ Looking for Advice #18  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I think I would look at B-series (7800/2910/2410 etc) , Deere 4415 or 4210 or TC24. )</font>

I believe that he means JD 4115 (which is 24HP like some of the others).

/ Looking for Advice #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I already have a 6' hog and am looking at a 5' rear mount finish mower )</font>

Kozmo38.
Welcome to TBN.
Which tires are you planning on getting? There are several of us who have gotten rid of the rear finish mower if running R1 tires. The tires are a little too hard on the yard unless it's very dry and hard. Due to the mower, you may want to get R4's.
In that winter is approaching, you should also be looking for a 6' blade for moving snow.

/ Looking for Advice
I was planning on running R4's. I figured R1's would be hard on the yard and terfs would be less than adequate plowing snow. Does anyone think that I will need chains on the R4's for plowing. The max depth of snow that I have plowed was about 8 inches.

Thank you to anyone that has responded so far.