Price Check Looking for Price and info on 4540 and 4340

/ Looking for Price and info on 4540 and 4340
Yes, my understanding is that break out force is how much the loader can lift at ground level. Most loaders seem to lose lift capacity as they rise from ground level to 59" to full height.

I'm particularily interested in breakout force since I plan on using the loader to move brush, push dirt, and dig up rocks. Lift power to full height would matter if you were stacking hay bales or pallets or loading them on a truck.

/ Looking for Price and info on 4540 and 4340 #12  
If this helps with determining a reasonable price for a tractor, I just took delivery on an open cab 4940 with a FEL for $22,200 and felt like the price was reasonable when compared to the market. Had looked at JD, NH, Massey, Mahindra and various Chinese models. After looking at the prices I was getting quoted and the features, options, etc of each thought that the Montana was giving me a good price for the value.

That said, I have to admit that I found myself getting re-educated about the tractor market. I had spent a fair amount of time with tractors 30 years ago when I was growing up. Then went off to college and moving into a city. Am getting back to my roots by relocating onto 40 acres. Anyway, has the market ever changed!!!!! A few things that I noticed:

Brands don't always mean what they used to. The "majors" are often buying their smaller tractors (50hp and below) from oversees companies and then rebranding them so the brand label doesn't quite mean as much as it once did. One example that really brought that to bear was seeing the same tractor on different lots under three different brands (Mahindra, Scorpion & TYK) with the only difference being the color of the paint.

In general, import or domestic, the new tractors are so much easier to operate than those built in the 50's- 70's. The proliferation of power steering, 4wd, hydrostatic drive, faster hydraulics, more comfort, etc all add up to tractoring being a much more comfortable experience. Now, having made a purchase, I do hope that convenience does not add up to mean more maintenance.

But on that note, in general, except for the Chinese models, I was impressed with the fit, finish and quality of workmanship in all of the brands I looked at. The quality did look good.

Good luck with your purchase decision.

/ Looking for Price and info on 4540 and 4340 #13  
If this helps with determining a reasonable price for a tractor, I just took delivery on an open cab 4940 with a FEL for $22,200 and felt like the price was reasonable when compared to the market. Had looked at JD, NH, Massey, Mahindra and various Chinese models. After looking at the prices I was getting quoted and the features, options, etc of each thought that the Montana was giving me a good price for the value.

That said, I have to admit that I found myself getting re-educated about the tractor market. I had spent a fair amount of time with tractors 30 years ago when I was growing up. Then went off to college and moving into a city. Am getting back to my roots by relocating onto 40 acres. Anyway, has the market ever changed!!!!! A few things that I noticed:

Brands don't always mean what they used to. The "majors" are often buying their smaller tractors (50hp and below) from oversees companies and then rebranding them so the brand label doesn't quite mean as much as it once did. One example that really brought that to bear was seeing the same tractor on different lots under three different brands (Mahindra, Scorpion & TYK) with the only difference being the color of the paint.

In general, import or domestic, the new tractors are so much easier to operate than those built in the 50's- 70's. The proliferation of power steering, 4wd, hydrostatic drive, faster hydraulics, more comfort, etc all add up to tractoring being a much more comfortable experience. Now, having made a purchase, I do hope that convenience does not add up to mean more maintenance.

But on that note, in general, except for the Chinese models, I was impressed with the fit, finish and quality of workmanship in all of the brands I looked at. The quality did look good.

Good luck with your purchase decision.

/ Looking for Price and info on 4540 and 4340 #14  
I was wondering why you didn't look towards the farmtrac. I only ask because I have been very interested in the 360dtc or in the montana the 3840. the 3840 I was quoted higher and the financing was not nearly as good as farmtrac. I really the tractor no matter what the color.

/ Looking for Price and info on 4540 and 4340 #15  
I was wondering why you didn't look towards the farmtrac. I only ask because I have been very interested in the 360dtc or in the montana the 3840. the 3840 I was quoted higher and the financing was not nearly as good as farmtrac. I really the tractor no matter what the color.

The local Montana dealer carries Farmtracs as well. I don't believe Farmtrac has comparable tractors to the 4540 and 4340. Farmtrac carries the Montana 2740, 3240, 3040, 3840, 3340 and 3940. Farmtracs loaders are pretty close to Montana's lift capacities for all but the 2740 and 3240, Farmtrac's loaders are really weak on those models. I like the curved boom of the Montana loaders better than Farmtracs as well.

The price is identical for me, but yes, the Farmtrac would have better financing.

The local Montana dealer carries Farmtracs as well. I don't believe Farmtrac has comparable tractors to the 4540 and 4340. Farmtrac carries the Montana 2740, 3240, 3040, 3840, 3340 and 3940. Farmtracs loaders are pretty close to Montana's lift capacities for all but the 2740 and 3240, Farmtrac's loaders are really weak on those models. I like the curved boom of the Montana loaders better than Farmtracs as well.

The price is identical for me, but yes, the Farmtrac would have better financing.

/ Looking for Price and info on 4540 and 4340 #18  
Folks the Montana 2740 and 3240 don't have anywhere near the hydraulic flow to be able to lift near those numbers...just like a car, if the speedo says 200mph doesn't mean it will run that fast...don't let numbers fool you. I mean if there is anyone here that would feel comfortable with a 2740 lifting 1500lbs round bales?

The loader FarmTrac puts on the 270 & 320 is VERY well matched for the machine. And remember the loader FarmTrac uses is SPECIFICALLY made for that tractor but the loader Montana uses on their 2740 model is used all the way up to a 45hp tractor. I am not knocking the Montana loaders at all, pleas don't take it that way. I just don't want people to think a 2740 or 3240 can lift those numbers just because that is what the loader is rated at.

/ Looking for Price and info on 4540 and 4340 #19  
Folks the Montana 2740 and 3240 don't have anywhere near the hydraulic flow to be able to lift near those numbers...just like a car, if the speedo says 200mph doesn't mean it will run that fast...don't let numbers fool you. I mean if there is anyone here that would feel comfortable with a 2740 lifting 1500lbs round bales?

The loader FarmTrac puts on the 270 & 320 is VERY well matched for the machine. And remember the loader FarmTrac uses is SPECIFICALLY made for that tractor but the loader Montana uses on their 2740 model is used all the way up to a 45hp tractor. I am not knocking the Montana loaders at all, pleas don't take it that way. I just don't want people to think a 2740 or 3240 can lift those numbers just because that is what the loader is rated at.

For loader specs the Montana website lists the 27/32 in a seperate column from the 30/38/45 ..... and the lift capacities are identical. I think any of those tractors would require a lot of ballast to realistically lift those numbers. But I'd rather me ballast limited than loader limited... it's easier to fix /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The lower flow on the 27/32 mean the loader will move slower. Force is pressure x area of hydraulic cylinder x geometry of loader. Flow doesn't play a part in loader force.