Looking for small off-road trailer

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #21  
Made my own all-around the yard dump trailer in the early 90's and used a salvage yard rear axle from a tiny Honda car.

IMG_5715.JPG IMG_5712.JPG

145R-10 Tires
145R-10 Tires.jpg

Last edited:
   / Looking for small off-road trailer #23  
1679942015241.png

1679942067249.png
1679942082679.png

comparing these two, apparently the WM unit has heavier metal (16ga vs the DR's 20ga), and the WM has a 50° dump angle vs the DR 35°, so stuff should actually fall out of it better.

I'm intrigued, particularly if one could reasonably attach height extenders to fit a bit more chips.
Wouldn't want to go too high though, may roll the whole unit...

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #24  
Made in Idaho, I have seen a couple of these and they are well built.

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #25  
View attachment 791319
View attachment 791320View attachment 791321

comparing these two, apparently the WM unit has heavier metal (16ga vs the DR's 20ga), and the WM has a 50° dump angle vs the DR 35°, so stuff should actually fall out of it better.

I'm intrigued, particularly if one could reasonably attach height extenders to fit a bit more chips.
Wouldn't want to go too high though, may roll the whole unit...
A major shortcoming of the DR VersaTrailer (in addition to the limited 35˚ dump angle) is that while it can carry up to 2000#, it can only dump 600#. I considered getting one years ago, but that dump limitation was something I just could not live with.

I checked with Woodland Mills. Their Multilander trailer can dump its full 2000# cargo rating.

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #26  
A major shortcoming of the DR VersaTrailer (in addition to the limited 35˚ dump angle) is that while it can carry up to 2000#, it can only dump 600#. I considered getting one years ago, but that dump limitation was something I just could not live with.

I checked with Woodland Mills. Their Multilander trailer can dump its full 2000# cargo rating.
Not to defend the DR but I wonder if the dump limitation is a weakness of the winch or can the frame not take the changed geometry's stresses? If the latter, that's definitely a bad thing and says a lot about the rest of the trailer!

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #27  
Not to defend the DR but I wonder if the dump limitation is a weakness of the winch or can the frame not take the changed geometry's stresses? If the latter, that's definitely a bad thing and says a lot about the rest of the trailer!
It's a design limitation (probably of the boom). One of their options is a 1500# rated hoist to replace the hand crank winch. Even with that electric hoist, the 600# dump limitation remains.

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #28  
My older Woodland Mills trailer is similar in appearance to the DR but differs in details. It can dump a bed full of chips without much problem. I have the winch in the high speed position and I'm built more like a marathon runner than a linebacker.

/ Looking for small off-road trailer #29  
My older Woodland Mills trailer is similar in appearance to the DR but differs in details. It can dump a bed full of chips without much problem. I have the winch in the high speed position and I'm built more like a marathon runner than a linebacker.
Do you have the Woodland Mills T-Rex trailer?