lost nuts!

/ lost nuts! #1  

yooperterry

Tractor
John Deere 2025R
SO today after blowing snow I decided to adjust the shoes on the JD 54 inch blower. Had them way up for the first few blowing jobs. Was going to do it outside but it started snowing (lake effect) again! Pulled tractor into unheated garage and decided to us impact wrench (quicker, yeah right) First side went okay only dropped one nut & washer and right under blower. Other side first nut came flying off but I spied it quickly. Second one, came flying off and into space! After grumbling for ten minutes went and got a flashlight. Still no nut! After twenty minutes at 12 degrees and frozen fingers I got another nut from basement and finally got the job done. By now there was two inches of fresh snow! Picked up my tools, put them in the basement, removed my Carhartts. Guess I'll blow snow later. Again! Oh, forgot to tell you, while looking for said nut, my eyes were watering because of "dry eye syndrome" At 72, everything is just harder!

/ lost nuts! #2  
I hate it when you lose a nut or screw. It happened to me while adding a windshield wiper to my side by side last week. Indoors, clean concrete pad. Just dropped it a whoosh……it’s in cyberspace or a parallel dimension.

/ lost nuts! #3  
It's those little such thing in cold weather can feather one up.

/ lost nuts! #4  
A few years ago I was building a rolling ladder for a library. It was a kit that had all the metal parts, I just had to cut the wood and put it together. After getting it all together, I took it apart to stain and seal the wood. I carefully put all the metal parts on my workbench is little piles so I wouldn't lose anything.

When I put it back together, I was missing a black crown nut. I looked for two days to try and find it. My mind was thinking up the craziest things that could of happened to it. Finally, I gave up and bought a new one from Lowes and painted it to match the others. I had to do some filing on it to get it perfect, but when I was done, nobody would ever know that it wasn't the original nut.

After installing it at my clients house, I started another project. This time, I decided to use my magnetic bowls to hold everything in. When I picked up the magnetic bowl, I found that missing nut underneath it. My guess is that a cat bumped it off the bench and it hit the magnetic bowl on the way down, and stuck to it where I couldn't see it.

The entire time I was looking for it, it was just a foot away from me and I never thought to look there!!!!

/ lost nuts! #6  
My nutty buddies always hangs close with my best friend Pete!

/ lost nuts! #7  
It has never ceased to amaze me how hardware and tools vanish into thin air. Yesterday I was drilling 1/2 in holes thru steel plate and the bit dropped out of my Dewalt drill as I raised it about a foot above the concrete floor, heard it hit the floor and disappear. easy 10 minutes only to find it 6 feet away under the box scraper.

/ lost nuts! #8  
Dat's Nuts! ;)