Love my BX!

/ Love my BX! #22  
Thanks Harry,

I appreciate it... ;)

/ Love my BX! #23  
Seems like I'm getting in on the tail end of this thread, but what the ****.

My BX2350 is just over a year old now; FEL, 60" MMM, and by next weekend I hope, a Woods BB. We have a new house on 7 acres on an old Christmas tree farm - so lots of pine trees, about 2 acres of woods. Looking at lots of landscaping once we move in. So far, we've mostly been using the BX for mowing and occasionally using the FEL to move brush we've cleared. Pretty soon, though, I'll be learning how to use the BB to prepare the area around the house for grass seed, create berms and flower beds.

So far, the BX has been wonderful. It's my first SCUT - before all we had was a Cub 2160 lawn tractor. Occaisionally, I wish I had a bigger tractor, but generally this one is just great.

/ Love my BX! #24  
Well I bought a low hour BX 1500 to good of a deal to pass up and now I see why. It got here late Friday night in the middle of a cold all day rain storm, after a 600 mile ride. The guy had a forty foot trailer attached to a dually. He proceeded to almost get stuck down past my driveway at the bottom of the hill. People waiting to get by and couldn't.

He unloaded my BX off the trailer while everyone waited, I drove it back up the hill flashers going and into the garage where it stayed until morning. First impressions were not too good considering when I got up, I had about half a cup of hydraulic oil puddled underneath the tractor.

So jumped into the old work clothes and starting checking it out. Found a bad leak under the steering compartment looked like the power steering hose had a rupture somewhere so drove down to the Kubota dealer about 30 minutes away. I figured I may as well replace all of the 4 hoses since I was going to be taking it all apart anyway.

While I was there I bought two containers of the super hydraulic fluid, to hydraulic filters and two engine filters. When I got back home I noticed one of the hoses to the right side front was way short about an inch so. I fiddled around different positions just enough to get it on. Hope that doesn't come back to haunt me later it is a we bit stretched. Finally yesterday I got all of the new hose's installed what a mess. Today I will go out and test for any leaks and hopefully be out riding around on my (to me) new baby.

Lord I know you don't owe me but, please let it be dry. Other than the leaks loved the way the engine runs seems very powerful and I like the ride and the muscular build for a small tractor. I did get a little chance to drive it while parking the front end loader. Here are a few pics of the mess and leaky hose's so far. Hopefully today will be a much better one. The first pic is of my new Kubota, Deere 140. Just kidding of course ;) :eek:

Attachments

• Kubota1.JPG
    Kubota1.JPG
    406 KB · Views: 398
  • PowersteeringHose1.JPG
    PowersteeringHose1.JPG
    325.9 KB · Views: 236
  • Hoserepair1.JPG
    Hoserepair1.JPG
    438.6 KB · Views: 238
  • Hoserepair3.JPG
    Hoserepair3.JPG
    399 KB · Views: 217
  • Kubota3.JPG
    Kubota3.JPG
    441.8 KB · Views: 382
   / Love my BX! #25  
Ok for anyone interested, I got her all back together and now it's running strong. Everything seems to work as it should. The front end loader seems to be very strong, from some of the post's on here. I was expecting a lot less. Sure seems a lot stonger than 400 lbs are they under rated from the factory? :p

I do have one other question since this is my first Kubota, if you can just humor me. :eek:

I hear a high pitched wine coming from the back with the tractor sitting still. It's nothing loud but, I can hear it. This is a 2004 with just a little over 400 hours. Everything else seems to be working great. Love it so far :eek: ;) Gee you think maybe I should change my avatar now.....:D :D

Last edited:
   / Love my BX! #26  
   / Love my BX! #27  
BANDAMAN said:
1*I used the BX
and a
*lawnboy push mower for awhile and then bought a JD LX279 this summer
3*which fits around all the trails and tight areas on my property much better.
3* At that point I considered selling the BX, since it was really overkill for the place and the 60" mower deck was responsible for more turning then mowing.
4*helped a neighbor with some drainage issues, helped another with nasty overgrown bush
5*
Thanks!
1*I have a BX 23 and have done over 900 hours of work with it since 9-4-4.
2*I was using a wards MTD for this sorta thing till it blew up.
I replaced it with A CC GT 2554 Oct/2006 and 3 days ago i replaced the CC2554 with a New BX1500.
Didn't mow with the BX1500 for 10 minutes before I decided I liked it much much better than the CC 2554.
3* Give up my BX23/No Way !
4*I've helped 2 neighbors clean up brush and another elderly one tear out and clean up a dog kennel.
This spring I plan to help another one put in a short driveway culvert.
For that project I will probably use the BX23 and the Used BX1500 with a tiller and front blade on it that I got 3 days ago to replace the 1966 Bolens with a front blade and the 1967 Bolens with a rear tiller.

/ Love my BX! #28  
I hear a high pitched wine coming from the back with the tractor sitting still. It's nothing loud but, I can hear it. This is a 2004 with just a little over 400 hours.
My BX23 will do the same after I've worked it for a couple hrs.
If it doesn't get any worse or have any scrapeing (metal on metal) or clanging sounds you should be OK.
HST's by their nature are whiners :D

/ Love my BX! #29  
Volfandt said:
My BX23 will do the same after I've worked it for a couple hrs.
If it doesn't get any worse or have any scrapeing (metal on metal) or clanging sounds you should be OK.
HST's by their nature are whiners :D
That's about what I figured, I just wanted to make sure. The Power Trac I had made a different whining sound mostly under load. Thanks for the reply. ;)

/ Love my BX! #30  
Barryh said:
1*This is a 2004 with just a little over 400 hours.
2*Love it so far :eek:
3* ;) Gee you think maybe I should change my avatar now.....:D :D
1*Just got my 2003 BX1500 on 11/8/7.
It had 380 hours on the clock.
Seems excellent so far except it needs a new right end for the seat belt.
The buckle won't snap into it.
Dealer is sending me a new one this week some time.
One tail lite is out / haven'f had time to put a new bulb in it yet.
2*So do I, but I figured I would if it was any thing like my bx23.
Love That Tractor.
Just like my BX23 it constantly amazes me.
3*Y shure Y not.