Loved Ones - Toyota

/ Loved Ones - Toyota #151  
I have the gut feeling that Toyota's admission to everything that is or could be wrong will put them back up and over the top when its all said and done.

/ Loved Ones - Toyota #152  
I have done several recalls on Tundras. They have the CTS pedal and require a shim, but do not require pedal to be cut or carpet altered. I am not exactly sure if 07 qualifies, but can check on Monday. It is definitely the body style being recalled, but may not fall into the VIN range because it was the first year of that style. Otherwise your local dealer should know. It likely does, but the good news is it is pretty quick and painless. You may be able to wait if the dealer is not too packed. I can do one in about 15 minutes "hands on time".

I typically just drop it off in the morning and pick it up at the end of the day. That's how I do it for having it serviced and it seams to work well for both myself and the dealer. Let me know what you find out on Monday and if need be, I schedule with my dealer to drop it off.

Thanks

/ Loved Ones - Toyota #153  
I have the gut feeling that Toyota's admission to everything that is or could be wrong will put them back up and over the top when its all said and done.

Our '07 Tundra is the first Toyota we have ever owned, but I have to admit that I am highly impressed with it. What suprised me the most about this recall, is that Toyota stopped production and sales of the affected vehicles until a fix was found. I have never heard of another auto manufacturer doing this and I must admit that it gave me a lot of respect for Toyota. I've always had GM vehicles until now, but I just can't picture GM (or Ford) ever doing something like that.

/ Loved Ones - Toyota #154  
As a Ford employee we have experienced our share of recalls, people would be surprised to find out how many times there have been a hold on vehicles to make sure everything is right.

The fact of the matter is, I think every car co has had recalls but the difference is Toyota would "pray" on the other car co. when there was a recall. Toyota always claimed such a high safety rating and do they have a high quality sure, has it made other car co. better for it probably.
They sqeeky clean image has been tarnished in a big way.

Does any one remember about 8 years ago the CEO of Toyota was fired because he was holding back safety recalls as to not tarnish there reputation. It was in the papers for about a second.

I do ask Toyota and Honda owners why the dealerships have garages? the companies claim to be such great cars why would they need any garages?

Shane

/ Loved Ones - Toyota #155  
Can i say speed sensors in the wheel bearings of their pickups? The way premature failure causing significant degradation in braking power. GM repeatedly denied knowing of a problem in spite of thousands of NHTSA complaints forwarded to them. They did a silent recall and still denied there was a problem. They continued making these for many years. Then, they started admitting the problem existed in one state but if you were across the border in another state you were not. I remember laughing when they said Canada had special salt. I also loved reading their denials of a problem in the news year after year, saying they had not received significant complaints in spite of the numerous customer complaints, federal complaints, and their own previous news interviews where they were asked about the problem.

Yep, GM would never do this.

GM Recalls Cars in 14 States for Brake Problems, but Not in Wisconsin - Business News - redOrbit

I don't diagree with the wheel speed sensor issue...Although when mine acted up, the truck had 170,000 miles one it. Hardly GM's fault in my case. Most of the people I know who experienced this issue were driving very high mileage vehicles. This did't have an impact on regular braking, just under 5mph in most cases which caused the antilocks to come on. I' wasn't a brake "failure". It sure was annoying though.

Ford also has this issue on high mileage vehicles...My boss's Explorer was doing the same thing. We disconnected the anti-lock module (not recommended as on Fords it also tends to wipe out the guages as well) until we could clean the crud out of the sensors.

/ Loved Ones - Toyota #156  
Our '07 Tundra is the first Toyota we have ever owned, but I have to admit that I am highly impressed with it. What suprised me the most about this recall, is that Toyota stopped production and sales of the affected vehicles until a fix was found. I have never heard of another auto manufacturer doing this and I must admit that it gave me a lot of respect for Toyota. I've always had GM vehicles until now, but I just can't picture GM (or Ford) ever doing something like that.

Sorry but toyota knew about this for two years and only stopped production after the goverment threatened to shut them down.

They are assembled by people just like all the rest of the auto makers. If people design and put together the cars and trucks they can and will fail.

Everyone that has a Toyota with a lot of miles on it with no problems think that their is no other manufacture that can make one that will do the same thing. Sorry but their are lots of domestic auto makers that build cars just as good or better than Toyota.

Your 07 Tundra could have been in the recall for broken cam shafts, engine sluge, frame rust, and sticking gas pedal. ( I don't have vin number so I can't tell if your truck falls in those recalls) I too am impressed with your Toyota:)

My 05 Chevy has not been recalled 1 time :cool:

/ Loved Ones - Toyota #157  
Sorry but toyota knew about this for two years and only stopped production after the goverment threatened to shut them down.

They are assembled by people just like all the rest of the auto makers. If people design and put together the cars and trucks they can and will fail.

Everyone that has a Toyota with a lot of miles on it with no problems think that their is no other manufacture that can make one that will do the same thing. Sorry but their are lots of domestic auto makers that build cars just as good or better than Toyota.

Your 07 Tundra could have been in the recall for broken cam shafts, engine sluge, frame rust, and sticking gas pedal. ( I don't have vin number so I can't tell if your truck falls in those recalls) I too am impressed with your Toyota:)

My 05 Chevy has not been recalled 1 time :cool:

I agree 100%

/ Loved Ones - Toyota #158  
Once a car gets the fly by wire throttle the mechanics of the device being able to be taken over by the driver goes out the window. In the old days we had a cable attached to the throttle linkage, now it's a solinoid or something like that. Cars have become very complex machines and it's only going to get worse with all the safety equipment that is mandated. Soon we will be having to go to phone support to India in order to fix a car built in Mexico designed by someone in Japan or China.
Don't laugh, what are we doing with our computers now?
Regards
DGS

/ Loved Ones - Toyota #159  
Every car or truck, *every* car or truck I have ever owned or leased has had a recall on it.

From metallic shavings on door handles, CPR's, wind shield wiper motors, loose nuts and bolts, tires, you name it.

It's never a perfect thing, it is assembled by man and woman.

/ Loved Ones - Toyota #160  
Every car or truck, *every* car or truck I have ever owned or leased has had a recall on it.

From metallic shavings on door handles, CPR's, wind shield wiper motors, loose nuts and bolts, tires, you name it.

It's never a perfect thing, it is assembled by man and woman.

It may be assembled by men and women, but it is the engineers that are resposible for this situations.
We can only build with what we are given.

Has anyone told an engineer "that won't work because" most of them look at you like you have 3 heads, the others fluff it off because "we don't know anything"

Shane