LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #91  
I know what Kubota dealer you are talking about; you know doubt tried to get information from Jed. He was probably troubled that you interrupted him feeding his face and wanted him to leave his office. He is the reason I bought from an out of state dealer. And the local JD dealer folks are worse. When I asked the salesman why JD was so much higher priced than a comparable Kubota, he couldn’t answer me with specifics, basically just saying because it’s JD.
You hit it on the head for sure! These guys think that because they are the only 2 dealers in town (except the Mahindra dealer which looks more like a junkyard), they have the philosophy of "we got you over a barrel" and don't think they need to be competitive.

I know of another local guy that had the same experience at those 2 dealers.... he ended up getting his BX from Southwest Ag. He had a much better experience there.

/ LS or Kubota #92  
If you are going for a HST transmission, the answer is easy. Most everything else on the tractors is equal or nearly so. But only Kubota has HST+, and even Kubota doesn't offer HST+ on all models.

But if they offer it on a model you are interested in, HST+ is an enormous advantage over any other hydrostatic transmission on the market.

rScotty

/ LS or Kubota #93  
You hit it on the head for sure! These guys think that because they are the only 2 dealers in town (except the Mahindra dealer which looks more like a junkyard), they have the philosophy of "we got you over a barrel" and don't think they need to be competitive.

I know of another local guy that had the same experience at those 2 dealers.... he ended up getting his BX from Southwest Ag. He had a much better experience there.
My buying experience with SW Ag was fantastic. FYI, the Mahindra junkyard is a good place to buy implements because he has a great selection at reasonable prices.

/ LS or Kubota #94  
If you are going for a HST transmission, the answer is easy. Most everything else on the tractors is equal or nearly so. But only Kubota has HST+, and even Kubota doesn't offer HST+ on all models.

But if they offer it on a model you are interested in, HST+ is an enormous advantage over any other hydrostatic transmission on the market.

rScotty
Have to agree about the HST+, it's an awesome feature, I use it all the time. The servo controlled hst is also a nice feature.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ LS or Kubota #95  
HST+ is a trademark, iirc, of HST with auto-throttle. Not unique to Kubota at all. maybe was once upon a time?

/ LS or Kubota #96  
HST+ is a trademark, iirc, of HST with auto-throttle. Not unique to Kubota at all. maybe was once upon a time?
Auto throttle is different, the HST+ provides 2 ranges in the hst that can be shifted while operating (on top of the 3 mechanical ranges).

I believe some other manufacturer has come out with something similar by now but can think of it off the top of my head.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ LS or Kubota #97  

A Kubota HST+ has a low/high of every gear. I don’t think anyone else does that.

/ LS or Kubota #98  
It's also little things like on my Kubota the cylinder lines are ran inside the loader arms and not outside like most others.

Who runs the lines outside the loader arms??
I've looked a lot of different brands and I don't recall ever seeing that

/ LS or Kubota #99  
That sounds like something I would do! o_O Luckily they come preassembled. :D

/ LS or Kubota #100  
There was an Ls model I looked at recently that had the loader valve mounted down low in front of the platform. It had hoses sticking way out the side. The whole works could have been knocked off by a stump or something. Don't recall the model though. 25 or 30 hp. I was just kicking tires.
That said, each manufacturer has some models that are designed better, some worse. Generalizations are just that, general.
I chose Branson!