LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #101  
A Kubota HST+ has a low/high of every gear. I don’t think anyone else does that.
TYM HST has 3 ranges, Branson's 4820H has a 4 range. So, I suppose it is true if you are making the case that the Kubota has fewer gear ranges.

/ LS or Kubota #102  
TYM HST has 3 ranges, Branson's 4820H has a 4 range. So, I suppose it is true if you are making the case that the Kubota has fewer gear ranges.

The Kubota has 6 ranges.

/ LS or Kubota #103  
The Kubota has 6 ranges.
So the Hi/low is on top of a 3 range? That is unclear on the website. Don't know that it makes up for the price difference, but it is a feature that could be useful.

/ LS or Kubota #104  
So the Hi/low is on top of a 3 range? That is unclear on the website. Don't know that it makes up for the price difference, but it is a feature that could be useful.
I think it depends on the model of Kubota. My MX has 3 ranges, and it’s more than sufficient for my uses. I think the grand Ls have more than 3 ranges, but I’m unfamiliar with those models.

/ LS or Kubota #105  
Who runs the lines outside the loader arms??
I've looked a lot of different brands and I don't recall ever seeing that
I feel like I should clarify. By outside the loader arms I mean physically outside and not internal to the loader arm, not technically on the outer side of the loader arm. Kioti is one example and I believe LS is another meaning just on the outside, even if it is the internal side of the loader arm. The lines on my Kubota are run internal to the loader arms themselves. I prefer that. My third function lines are on the "inner" side of the outside of the loader arm. I wish they were also internal.

Last edited:
   / LS or Kubota #106  

Yes, and it beats me why why HST+ doesn't get more attention. It's just another mystery from Kubota I guess. From the company that also gives us a nifty double thick & insulated canopy...but, no toolbox.

HST+ is a game changer. Worth every penny and more for FEL work. Having twice the gearing available without having to stop or even let up on the throttle is something that every tractor operator can use.
No downside; it's instant fingertip control over how much torque the tires are putting to the ground.

And if twice the gears wasn't enough, HST+ also has a special control panel to adjust other features of HST like attack rate, auto throttle, & stall guard.

Now, about that missing toolbox......:)
rScotty

Last edited:
   / LS or Kubota #107  
Yes, and it beats me why why HST+ doesn't get more attention. It's just another mystery from Kubota I guess. From the company that gives us a nifty double thick & double insulated canopy...but, no toolbox.

HST+ is a game changer. Worth every penny and more for FEL work. Having twice the gearing available without having to stop or even let up on the throttle is something that every tractor operator can use.
No downside; it's instant fingertip control over how much torque the tires are putting to the ground.

And if twice the gears wasn't enough, HST+ also has a special control panel to adjust other features of HST like attack rate, auto throttle, & stall guard.

Now, about that missing toolbox......
rScotty
This is how I replaced that joke of a factory Kubota toolbox:

Attachments

• A21A95DB-E748-4261-9624-C1E7C2A1C2A8.jpeg
    A21A95DB-E748-4261-9624-C1E7C2A1C2A8.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 80
   / LS or Kubota #108  
Other than motoring down my long driveway in high, I have used one single “range” for 10+ years.

I never “struggled” for power or have had difficulty with loader, flail, work etc.

I guess if it makes that much difference on those machines, then they need it. ( especially if used to thinking that mashing hst=more “power” and thus stalling?)

Don’t add more pedal pushing into the pile.

Last edited:
   / LS or Kubota #109  
Other than motoring down my long driveway in high, I use one single “range” for 10+ years. I never “struggled” for power or have had difficulty with loader, flail, work etc.
I guess if it makes that much difference on those machines, then they need it. ( especially if used to thinking that mashing hst for more “power” and thus stalling)
L = loader (or ground engagement)
M = mowing
H = highway

All I need

/ LS or Kubota #110  
Other than motoring down my long driveway in high, I have used one single “range” for 10+ years.

I never “struggled” for power or have had difficulty with loader, flail, work etc.

I guess if it makes that much difference on those machines, then they need it. ( especially if used to thinking that mashing hst=more “power” and thus stalling?)

Don’t add more pedal pushing into the pile.
Has more to do with your usage, if you only need 1 range for your use then great. But I bet if you had the hst+ feature you would be using it regularly.

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app