LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #344  
Yes, definitely a nice looking tractor! Enjoy your seat time!

/ LS or Kubota #345  
I also chose the LS based on the customer service. The dealer support appears to be hands down better than the Kubota dealer. Free delivery and Pickup/drop off with any warranty work

For a cost reference, I spent less on the MT352 than I would have with the Kubota L3560
This is an example of where it can make sense to purchase the Korean tractor over the Kubota. In this case it made sense because the LS dealer was better and offered you more then the Kubota dealer did. To offer free pickup and delivery for warranty work would have gotten my attention. That demonstrates to me that they are willing to compete on both the hard and soft value side of the transaction. This is how market share is gained. I can't take the underdog serious until he can outcompete the big rooster.

Last edited:
   / LS or Kubota #347  
Yes, the first LS dealer I purchased from was 500 miles to the north of me. After using that 25hp SCUT for work that everyone said a 50hp machine would be needed, I was impressed. Was it slower? Yes. Was I in a rush? No. Did it ever need to go back to the dealer? Not for a single problem.

I have heard people bring up the subject of "resale value".... well of course a JD or Kubota is going to bring a higher "used price".... but they cost 15-20% higher to begin with. I sold my LS SCUT for $500 less than what I paid for it after 2 years and 220 hours of use. That equates to costing me $2.27 per hour of use (plus fuel).

When I purchased my second LS, I got a great deal from another dealer that was 550 miles to the south of me. I don't have any immediate plans to sell it right now, but I did find out that I could now sell it for about $2-3K more than what I paid for it. I have this one for 2 1/2 years and 340 hours.... Again, never had to go back to the dealer, never had a problem.

Between both of these tractors, I saved over $15K vs. buying Kubotas. Buying JD would have cost even more.

I know of 3 other LS owners locally, including a plumbing contractor using his LS commercially. All 3 purchased AT LEAST 500 miles away, one of them purchased 1465 miles away from the dealer. He had one problem... a loader cylinder was leaking. The dealer shipped him a new cylinder under warranty.

I wouldn't hesitate to get another Korean tractor from another distant dealer.
I've given a lot of thought to buying an LS tractor but have held back because of the lack of dealer support near me. I can see where a leaking cylinder or something similar could be fixed by the distant dealer sending you a new part under warranty or worse case you buy it and fix it yourself. But what if it is a ECM problem or something in the fuel system that will requires some technical skill and expertise? How do you plan to get your tractor going if this happens? (And I hope it never does)

/ LS or Kubota #348  
I've given a lot of thought to buying an LS tractor but have held back because of the lack of dealer support near me. I can see where a leaking cylinder or something similar could be fixed by the distant dealer sending you a new part under warranty or worse case you buy it and fix it yourself. But what if it is a ECM problem or something in the fuel system that will requires some technical skill and expertise? How do you plan to get your tractor going if this happens? (And I hope it never does)
Worse case scenario. A truck and a trailer.

I'm out of warranty now, never had to use warranty while it was active. If needed, I have a 20' trailer, a winch and a 2500HD truck and I would trailer it 35 miles.

CT

/ LS or Kubota #349  
Not to downplay concerns about proximity to the dealer; yet it would be an interesting poll to ask how many people actually needed warranty work.

/ LS or Kubota #350  
I have a service manual, the dealer provides tech support (if needed), and I haven't taken a tractor, car, truck, motorcycle, or anything else to a mechanic. I don't think (hope) that I would ever need a warranty repair. I do have the technical skills and tools to fix just about anything.

If it was a serious catastrophic failure (and under warranty), I would trailer it to them. Would make a nice roadtrip.....

No electronics on my tractor, just the regular electric stuff.