LS or Kubota

/ LS or Kubota #381  
Lool into the whole issue of proprietary connections.
I've read that the LS has a lot of proprietary connection points. Dunno what they are. check it out.
Beware: As my husband tries to warn others on so many things ranging from politics to everyday purchases. False advertising comes in many different forms.

He often says if he had a dollar for every bulls$$+ story or inaccurate comparrison he heard from people about one car, truck, motorcycle or tractor being better or worse than the next because of blind loyalty he would be a billionaire!

Why do you not list those propietary items?
Why do you repeat a rumor that you have no facts to support?

I honestly think simply repeating hearsay like that is only adding to the demise of our civilization, especially when the truth can be found in just moments with the computer a few strokes of the keyboard and avoiding known unreliable sources that everyone knows practice censorship. Not very concerned about the censorship when it comes to tractors but other things that step becomes very important.

Janet

/ LS or Kubota #382  
I agree ! These second tier tractors never have the support of the major brands . The dealer goes out of business or switches brands and then you’re stuck trying to find parts and support. The tractor itself may not be all that bad but there isn’t enough dealer support or vise versa.
Our Kioti dealer is still there, still sells Kioti and as a former New Holland dealer, he still services what he sold so many years ago.

What I have noticed is even with some of the start up dealerships folding, many have simply moved to better locations. Other thing I noticed was a lot of the old New Holland, John Deere and even Kubota dealerships that I used to see are now selling LS, Kioti, Branson and some even sell more than one brand which was not as uncommon as some think it was years ago.
Those dealers were family owned and most all had good buisness practices and great reputations. What I wonder is why they would choose to drop what some here say is the superior brand for a second tier- non contender? That choice from well established verifiable businesses makes me wonder, what changes on a cooperate level brought about the choice to sell a so called second tier non- contender?
Start up businesses closing is really of no concern when you consider the failiure rate of any and all start up’s in any or all buisness models overall. Look at the failiure rates across the board in year 1 to 10 then compare. Many are just not going to be successful even if they had your so called first tier- contender.
Running a successful buisness requires much more than many understand or can even contemplate and failiure rates are high in all forms even when the product is of good or great quality.

Janet

Last edited:
   / LS or Kubota #383  
What I wonder is why they would choose to drop what some here say is the superior brand for a second tier- non contender? That choice from well established verifiable businesses makes me wonder, what changes on a cooperate level brought about the choice to sell a so called second tier non- contender?
It might not even be their choice. I don't know anything about Corporate Kubota but other manufacturers are refusing to renew smaller franchises, preferring to have a few big ones sell their products. I know of one local saw shop which no longer sells Husqvarna as he wasn't meeting his quota; and the local privately owned car dealership was going to sell out, but GM wouldn't allow it.

/ LS or Kubota #384  
It might not even be their choice. I don't know anything about Corporate Kubota but other manufacturers are refusing to renew smaller franchises, preferring to have a few big ones sell their products. I know of one local saw shop which no longer sells Husqvarna as he wasn't meeting his quota; and the local privately owned car dealership was going to sell out, but GM wouldn't allow it.
Local Kubota dealer got the construction line pulled in favor of a bigger dealer. They even pulled all their service manuals and tools that were specific to the construction stuff.

/ LS or Kubota #385  
Beware: As my husband tries to warn others on so many things ranging from politics to everyday purchases. False advertising comes in many different forms.

He often says if he had a dollar for every bulls$$+ story or inaccurate comparrison he heard from people about one car, truck, motorcycle or tractor being better or worse than the next because of blind loyalty he would be a billionaire!

Why do you not list those propietary items?
Why do you repeat a rumor that you have no facts to support?

I honestly think simply repeating hearsay like that is only adding to the demise of our civilization, especially when the truth can be found in just moments with the computer a few strokes of the keyboard and avoiding known unreliable sources that everyone knows practice censorship. Not very concerned about the censorship when it comes to tractors but other things that step becomes very important.

Janet
He's an attorney..... repeating hearsay is part of that

/ LS or Kubota #386  
Local Kubota dealer got the construction line pulled in favor of a bigger dealer. They even pulled all their service manuals and tools that were specific to the construction stuff.

How can that dealer service a machine he had already sold?
That to me is interpreted as kubota wants to dictate to me which dealer I have to deal with. Not a company I want to do buisness with!

Janet

/ LS or Kubota #388  
Our Kioti dealer is still there, still sells Kioti and as a former New Holland dealer, he still services what he sold so many years ago.

What I have noticed is even with some of the start up dealerships folding, many have simply moved to better locations. Other thing I noticed was a lot of the old New Holland, John Deere and even Kubota dealerships that I used to see are now selling LS, Kioti, Branson and some even sell more than one brand which was not as uncommon as some think it was years ago.
Those dealers were family owned and most all had good buisness practices and great reputations. What I wonder is why they would choose to drop what some here say is the superior brand for a second tier- non contender? That choice from well established verifiable businesses makes me wonder, what changes on a cooperate level brought about the choice to sell a so called second tier non- contender?
Start up businesses closing is really of no concern when you consider the failiure rate of any and all start up’s in any or all buisness models overall. Look at the failiure rates across the board in year 1 to 10 then compare. Many are just not going to be successful even if they had your so called first tier- contender.
Running a successful buisness requires much more than many understand or can even contemplate and failiure rates are high in all forms even when the product is of good or great quality.

Janet
I actually spoke with a corporate person regarding starting up a dealership. They pulled all of the regional sales figures from the 4 tractor dealers here.... K, JD, Mah, and NH. He did an analysis and felt that another brand (LS) would definitely capture some of the market.

Going further into it, it would take about $250-350K in a credit line for the "floorplan" inventory. This would be through Wells Fargo.... 1st strike!
That would be in addition to leasing or buying a building on my own dime, possibly another $200-250K.....strike 2! Then all salaries / benefits for employees would also be out of pocket for at least the first 6 months, probably a year.....strike 3!

I could have jumped in 'whole hog', but there is a lot of risk involved for sure! Enough risk that I did not want to take a chance on loosing my retirement funds. Just way too many variables to chance. There were other deciding factors that came into play... this area has very little farming, the demand is for the typical homeowner tractor. The floorplan requires to have sizes across the board, so there could have been larger tractors sitting on the lot for possibly months or even longer.

I have previous business experience, and there were just too many risks to make the gamble worth it to me. I believe that the failure rate of start up dealers is high due to these risks and more.

/ LS or Kubota #389  
Me, I have brush guards on the front and a dumber in the seat or so says my wife. Nothing on the back unless I have an implement on the hitch.
I do have a front bumper/brush guard, but just a loose nut behind the wheel...

/ LS or Kubota #390  

How can that dealer service a machine he had already sold?
That to me is interpreted as kubota wants to dictate to me which dealer I have to deal with. Not a company I want to do buisness with!

Janet

He basically can't, which is BS. Especially considering the Kubota skidsteers require a reset of a counter in the computer after so many regen cylces. Everything else can be fine, but the it has hit it's set amount of cycles and can only be reset with Kubota scan tool. Whole other story about what happened when it went to the "new" Kubota construction dealer after I had worked on it up to the reset point lol.

Don't worry though, every brand ends up pullin' the same crap sooner or later.