Comparison LS ranked best tractor supplier.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #51  
I don't knwo who has the highest market share but I do know Kubota has Maine, NH, MA and RI all wrapped up.. That's pretty much all I saw when I was trailering equipment to and from those states. Personally I think Massey is a very under rated tractor, I also think a non e series Deere is the best of all but the price is to high. I looked very closely at Kubota before I bought my Massey and it did nothing for me, my aunt has a BX that I have worked on several times and if you ask me, they are built cheaply compared to my GC, JMO..

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #52  
I would think it all depends on how much more expensive the different colored paints cost
😆

It's more than paint. It is not apples to apples when comparing tractors. If you want a cheap tractor, buy one. If you want a top of the line tractor, buy one. But don't think for a minute they are the same.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #53  
I don't post often, but want to back up Neil on this. I own 3 Kubota dealerships, and can absolutely confirm these market share numbers. In the "under 100 PTO horsepower" categories, Kubota typically does more business than all other brands combined in the U.S. No dealer is going to post exact AEM numbers, because that's highly frowned upon.

The growth of Mahindra, LS, TYM etc. has been at the expense of New Holland mainly. Kubota, followed by Deere, are dominant in this category and are not losing market share. Those other brands make quality equipment and offer good value, but they aren't taking business from Kubota or Deere. And the the data provided to AEM by ALL manufacturers shows this. The real story is how New Holland is crumbling in the largest segment of the equipment industry. The good news is for the consumer....lots of great tractors,competition and options. It's hard to go wrong with many of these brands. Take care!

In regards to "aren't taking business from Kubota or Deere". I was a 12 year Deere owner now switched to LS. Several reasons including the fact that the 3 Deere dealerships that were in my area slowly merged into 1. And that dealership started having questionable service practices and a sales staff that couldn't be bothered to get out of their chair to show me a tractor when I was looking to buy a new one. The large Kubota dealer was no better in this regard either.
End result was I discovered LS. Lucky find! Thank you John Deere and Kubota.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #54  
This is my experience
Take it as you will

I started my tractor purchase 9 years ago
I looked at 4 brands

Bota Loved the name, loved its reputation, and when I drove a B(7200 maybe) felt it was nothing but a big vibrator, everything on that tractor vibrated
Deere, Loved the name, loved its color, and when I test rode it the huge local dealer tried to put me into a tractor that had none of the features, I wanted, the most stripped down tractor on the market, at a premium price, they just pissed me off
Kioti, dealer was 60 miles away, loved the tractor, wanted a more local dealer
Bobcat, I saw an ad on TV that Bobcat was selling tractors, was a local dealer, Kioti's brother, well built, priced right, 8 years later have not had the first issue other than replaced the battery
Yes they no longer sell them, but if I need parts or service my dealer will take care of it

Tell me I am wrong all you want

I'm not.......

Last edited:
   / LS ranked best tractor supplier. #55  
I will put LS or the Farmtrac (LS ) I had before that against any Deere or Kubota in the class and they will hold their own. And for alot less money.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #56  
Let's face it, small tractors that are built today are junk compared to my dad's 60's Deere, international, Ford and Massey tractors, no comparison in weight or brute strength. Anyone using anything 60hp or less that was bought in the last 10 years is using a weak, cheaply made light weight hi tech poor excuse for a tractor..

I yarded 50 cord of four foot firewood a year for 35 years out of the nastiest piece of woods with a international 350 2wd utility Tractor, that old girl pulls hay tedder today and will do so when I'm long gone.

We buy them because there is no other choice.. They do most jobs fairly well but they are worth no where near what they get for them..

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #57  
No one has a link as its not public info. Some years ago Kubota publicly acknowledged at a national meeting they had crossed 50%. The way the AEM works (where this data comes from) is that no one knows the shares of other brands, but you do know your own. Some conjecture of what dealers see floating around kinda fills in the gaps, and whats fairly well known continues to put Kubota @ 50%, Deere around 25%, Mahindra around 8-10% and the remainder combined picking up the last 10-15% of the market. Give or take a few points obviously. You won't find it reported by any news outlet or study. Thats basically tractors between 20-75Hp. Obviously Kubota's dominance is at the bottom of the range and it would start to skew more Deere\CNH\Agco as you go higher.

I know that you are a well respected dealer on this forum, and I know I will get blasted for the following statement.

I'm sorry, but that statement seems somewhat self serving.
You are going to say that Kioti, LS, and all of the other brands are doing 1/3 the business of Kubota??

Sorry, that makes very little sense to me

What Neil wrote is very much inline with what I learned (all via google search and looking at press releases, etc) last year when I was researching this to backup some comments on another thread here. Anybody can put this information together same as me if they have doubts.

I have seen a lot of folks here suggest Kubota's in trouble or other brands are eating into Kubota sales, etc, but Kubota really maintains their market strength year to year and is growing into new segments of the market. A lot of the other brands are still trying to get a foothold in the US market which is why they are so small. Nothing wrong with this at all, it's the way things start out. Kubota was a small player when they first came to the US.

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #58  
It's more than paint. It is not apples to apples when comparing tractors. If you want a cheap tractor, buy one. If you want a top of the line tractor, buy one. But don't think for a minute they are the same.
What are you calling a cheap tractor?Only tractors made by kubota or deere are quality?I own both kubota & deere products both are decent but have to tell ya my Kioti Dk40 is just as good.When I bought my 40 hp Kioti in 2012 nothing in deere/kubota 40hp class tractors could compare with loader lift compactly or $$ spent.If you take some time and browse threw the Kubota/Deere forums on this site you will find they also have there issues same as Kioti,mahindra,new holland and so on.

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    564.2 KB · Views: 75
  • Ford Truck 181.jpg
    Ford Truck 181.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Ford Truck 122.jpg
    Ford Truck 122.jpg
    323.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Ford Truck 173.jpg
    Ford Truck 173.jpg
    306.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
   / LS ranked best tractor supplier. #59  

I'm curious as to what you call a cheap tractor and what you call a top of the line tractor that's built today. Brand, model etc. I would just like to know what you take into consideration comparing one brand tractor to another. I'm wondering because I think the Massey and Deere tractors in certain models are better than others and I think that certain model Kubota's are better built than there counterparts. Kubota doesn't make the best line of tractors available in all categories nor does any other brand own the complete line..

I look at fit and finish, paint included, hydraulic abilities mainly PTO HP, welding, quality of parts used, weight, comfort, Price and local dealer network last.

It be would nice if we could have a respectable conversation seeing we all are adults here.. This thread could be of use to a new potential buyer, that's really what we are here for in the first place, to help one in other in our common interests, that being tractors..

/ LS ranked best tractor supplier. #60  
I'm curious as to what you call a cheap tractor and what you call a top of the line tractor that's built today. Brand, model etc. I would just like to know what you take into consideration comparing one brand tractor to another. I'm wondering because I think the Massey and Deere tractors in certain models are better than others and I think that certain model Kubota's are better built than there counterparts. Kubota doesn't make the best line of tractors available in all categories nor does any other brand own the complete line..

I look at fit and finish, paint included, hydraulic abilities mainly PTO HP, welding, quality of parts used, weight, comfort, Price and local dealer network last.

It be would nice if we could have a respectable conversation seeing we all are adults here.. This thread could be of use to a new potential buyer, that's really what we are here for in the first place, to help one in other in our common interests, that being tractors..
God forbid you ask questions.I tried to do the same and had both of my posts deleted without cause.