LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #352  
I used your app to look up my XR4155HC .. and it doesn't show an oil filter.

It used to, then they took down all the LS oil filters.

This whole thread makes me wonder about how smart it is to buy or even think about buying an LS.

If you can't get filters, how easy is it gonna be to get other parts?

Found a filter for the LS Mtron engine on Amazon but details are nonexistent. Talked to a dealer about an LS XG3135 and the availability of filters and he said; quote: "I am not inclined to give out the information on filters at this time." Ergo, I was not inclined to continue my interest in LS Tractors.

This is customer support??

So I looked for a tractor dealer with them LS Tractor Oil Filter 40283380 - Legacy Tractor Sales & Service
Cross referenced their part number with wix Catalogs and they identified it as an LS Tractor Engine Oil Filter with Wix part number 57000.

Word of caution..... Your specific tractor isn't listed on the dealer's "Will Fit" list but from 35HP up they all use the same basic engine. So unless there are space/fitment issues........???

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #353  
It used to, then they took down all the LS oil filters.

This whole thread makes me wonder about how smart it is to buy or even think about buying an LS.

If you can't get filters, how easy is it gonna be to get other parts?

Found a filter for the LS Mtron engine on Amazon but details are nonexistent. Talked to a dealer about an LS XG3135 and the availability of filters and he said; quote: "I am not inclined to give out the information on filters at this time." Ergo, I was not inclined to continue my interest in LS Tractors.

This is customer support??

So I looked for a tractor dealer with them LS Tractor Oil Filter 40283380 - Legacy Tractor Sales & Service
Cross referenced their part number with wix Catalogs and they identified it as an LS Tractor Engine Oil Filter with Wix part number 57000.

Word of caution..... Your specific tractor isn't listed on the dealer's "Will Fit" list but from 35HP up they all use the same basic engine. So unless there are space/fitment issues........???

I'm at a loss .. how you blame LS .. for problems on the WIX app .. or a non-responsive dealer?

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #354  
The Wix WL7426 oil filter is the one I use.

I buy from Rock Auto
Wix WL7426 for engine oil filter
Wix 51715 for Hydraulic Oil filter
Wix WF8395 for fuel filter

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #355  
If LS did deny warranty because using a after market filter or any other aftermarket part they would have to prove that it caused the problem as per Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act.
Maybe so, but do you want to go through that fight with them.
everything still on warranty, gets Oem parts til it isn’t.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #357  
I'm having trouble finding the right filters - the owners manual is useless, the filters have no writing on them, and the dealer is a 2 hour drive - one way. I have a MT342 HST - any help is appreciated. I do have a NAPA about 30 minutes away, so that's my target :)...

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #358  
I bought my oil filter from the dealer. Saving a few $$ is not worth the hassle.

I did my first oil change this weekend on the 4140. What a PITA. First issue, I use an oil extractor but the "split" design leaves about half of the oil in the other side of the oil pan. So i still have to drain the oil the old fashion way. Second, what engineering numbskull placed the oil filter where it is? Nearly impossible to get at it.

I am thinking about finding a way to relocate the oil filter. Does anyone know of a kit that does that?

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #359  
Second, what engineering numbskull placed the oil filter where it is? Nearly impossible to get at it.
Same with my LS240, the loader brackets make access to the oil filter much harder, and if you forget to raise the loader, the arms make it impossible to remove the radiator screen for cleaning.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #360  
For hydraulic filter 40007638 equivalent:

SAME 244192800
DONALDSON P763987
FLEETGUARD HF6350

For hydrostatic filter 40383187 equivalent:

DONALDSON P164381
FLEETGUARD HF6554