LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #371  
Well my MT240 takes a 22mm.
They may be the same size.
I can never remember the size when it comes time to do maintenance so I mark a lot of them like this.

View attachment 714472
Nice rooster... how did you get your oil filter off?? I got the original on the tractor and the replacement is shorter so I can get a tool around the new one but the original is sitting right up against the return line for the hydraulics and its a pretty large tube. Looks like I'm going to need to deform the filter to get a tool around it.?

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #372  
Nice rooster... how did you get your oil filter off?? I got the original on the tractor and the replacement is shorter so I can get a tool around the new one but the original is sitting right up against the return line for the hydraulics and its a pretty large tube. Looks like I'm going to need to deform the filter to get a tool around it.?
That's a hen, Cinnamon Queen I think, The wife has 6 and a couple are like dogs, always have to see what you are doing.
Removing the oil filter wasn't memorable so I must not have had any issue. Don't recall any hose or line being in the way, can you just push it out of the way?
I have the old style metal band type filter wrench as well as a couple Amsoil end gripper types, between the 3 I can get about any filter off.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #373  
I tried a Wix 51085 and it seems to work on my MT240HE. I threaded it on and off a few times and compared it to the LS one and it feels exactly the same as far as threads go. The Seal is the same diameter. It looks like it may have a little more filter media as it's larger in diameter. I did run the engine a few minutes after replacement and filling with oil and no leaks but that was only at idle.

20220430_174515.jpg
20220430_174521.jpg

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #374  
I tried a Wix 51085 and it seems to work on my MT240HE. I threaded it on and off a few times and compared it to the LS one and it feels exactly the same as far as threads go. The Seal is the same diameter. It looks like it may have a little more filter media as it's larger in diameter. I did run the engine a few minutes after replacement and filling with oil and no leaks but that was only at idle.

View attachment 744164View attachment 744165
the filters look similar but what worries me is the bypass valve setting the same or does it even matter.this is why i use a factory filter on my 4155

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #376  
I purchased the cup that fits the end of the
filter and just use a ratchet. HF has them as
a set

willy

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #377  
the filters look similar but what worries me is the bypass valve setting the same or does it even matter.this is why i use a factory filter on my 4155

The reason for the bypass circuit is in case the filter plugs up (or oil is really cold and can't flow through filter normally) there is a bypass circuit in the filter so the engine is not starved of oil. Not all engines run the same oil pressure and the filter is generally chosen with this mind. If you have a normally higher pressure system and put a filter on that has a low bypass spring rate you will continually bypass some of the oil around the filter media. Vice versa, if you have an engine with a lower engine output pressure and put a filter on it that has a higher than spec'd out bypass spring you could run into oil starvation issues if the filter does plug or the oil is very cold. Not sure how the WIX filter compares to the LS filter in this regard. Is there some document stating they are replaceable with each other? Looks like the WIX is intended for gasoline automotive engines. It may fit the connection to the block but not the engine application. Then again, it may work just fine.

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #378  
Well, having some issues with the LS MT342 fuel filter. LS used 2 different filter assemblies (one cartridge, one glass bowl) on the tier 4/stage 5 XR41—, MT2—, mt3–
One I’m working on has the glass bowl and so far, having 0 luck on a filter. Oem # 40416089 appears to also be a NH MT 40416089, otherwise no luck finding one.
On the LS parts link there are 2 tabs for fuel filters http://lspo.lsmtron.com/PartsList/wpc2000_MAIN.aspx

/ LS Tractor Oil, Gas, & Air Filter Information #380